Friday, September 19, 2008

SON-OF-A-GUN

I am not ready to throw a blanket around my house aka winterizing! But when I saw FREEZE WARNINGS, I began to think, maybe winterizing is gonna happen a bit earlier this year!

Significant frost and areas of freezing temperatures expected late tonight (that would be Thursday) into early Friday morning. High pressure will drift across northern New York and Vermont. The word that really got me was “drift!” That word is usually reserved for that white stuff, right? I mean, we don’t drift rain, wind or sand, but snow, so using it this early is a tag annoying!

Hey until it gets impossible or tricky walking I shall continue my morning walks. Only this morning I donned a fleece jacket and should have grabbed some mittens. Ya, my wittle hands got a tad chilly, oh hell, they got cold! I usually walk at least two miles, sometimes more depending on my mood and let me tell you, the return walk home saw me wishing I had not put on the fleece jacket and glad I did not have mittens, I was sweating!

As I walked I could smell the wood stoves and furnaces blasting away as folks decided they needed to put some warmth into their homes. For many this was due to having a baby in the house or just being flat out cold. Hell my air conditioner is still on – isn’t running as the outside temp is 36 and inside it reads 64, so no reason to kick on the cool air (which is set at 73 degrees permanently).

So what in hell does one do in cool weather? Any damn thing you want, who cares, weather is weather, right? As for me, once I cool down, get a shower, I plan to get in my car, head to the country and take some photos – hey, it’s what I enjoy so why not do it? Yes, gas prices are bad but I’m not gonna waste gas, just enjoy a nice drive in the country, so thar!

He who hesitates is probably right.

No comments: