Monday, September 19, 2011

Motocross


Okay, I’m gonna admit it, straight out…I don’t know much about this sport but this much I can tell ya, I LIKE IT!  Hell I was even spelling it wrong, thinking it was "motor-cross," ya, live and learn.

My son-in-law was a serious rider for many years and then, took a ten year break but now he is back into it and man, is his little boy ever happy about that, because he’s a motorcycle fanatic.



So Sunday was my first time ever watching the races and I gotta tell ya, it was great fun. Weather was perfect and everyone was so darn nice. Now, I do know that next time I wanna bring a lawn chair. Oh the bleachers are fine but my back needs support too. Also, with that heat/sun beating down on you, one of those pop-umbrella tents would be perfect also (possible Christmas gift for sure). Food wise there was a wood-burning stone oven that was making and selling pizzas and damn, they were absolutely delicious. However, if I attended many of these (hint, hint) and had my chair, tent, water bottle, then I’d be more inclined to haul an ice chest and add some fruit and chips to the mix.



Ya as this photo indicates, it was a fun day and Dan did great and I was mighty impressed. A ten year absence and he took 2nd place overall for the day…not bad, eh?




So while the NY kids were doing their thing, the Minnesota group also had some fun this weekend as this photo indicates. Now I’m not sure if they went to get apples, pumpkins or just to sit on a hay bale in the middle of a corn field but regardless, they are smiling and happy as hell…good times.



Yes, folks, my weekend was fantastic, waking up to 41 degrees is a bit unpleasant but you know what, turn off the damn ac, open some windows and air this place out. In short order I fear the heat will be needed and as much as I would like to hold out until November, I’m not sure that’s gonna happen.

Well, the windows are open, kinda breezy but it’s gonna smell a lot fresher and later, I shall close them and hubby will never know the difference. You see, he’s not against fresh-air, per se, but he thinks opening windows means allowing humidity inside – hello, its 41 degrees, there is no humidity!!!

And so another week begins, was gonna do lunch with a friend but she had to cancel, so now I guess I gotta fix my own lunch,damn!  As the house is airing, perhaps I should run to the stores and get stuff for my upcoming trip this weekend..can Buffalo really entertain us or not?

No comments: