Saturday, October 31, 2015

October 2015

Wow it has been a while since I posted on here and many things have happened and life has been good.  I think my last post was Feb, so why don't I start with April.  That is when we did our "sister road"trip to Florida. And this year we invited our sister-in-law, Shirley to join us.  As Penny was having eye issues, Shirley and I did most of the driving until Jan joined us, then she drove.

Here is Jan and Shirley at Siesta Keys, We had so much fun here.  Now, folks, we ain't buying souvenirs or people, we are buying drinks and having laughs and picking up a few trinkets to keep people happy.  But mostly we just like being together and swap stories and laugh like mad woman

Siesta Key is a lovely place and getting a hotel room close by the beach is perfect and we also can walk everywhere, so no additional driving is needed unless we wan to visit the surround area and check things out. Which we did  as we wanted to do the air boat on the Everglades. Again, we did this but the water was very low and we never saw any wild life, no alligators, birds or even a damn frog. Noisy ride but fun nonetheless.





Here we are toasting our first drink at the local watering hole.

WE were happy to learn happy hour began at 11 and ended around 7 pm. Needless to say, we took full advantage of the happy hour prices.

I hate to admit it but we have many photos of us drinking and toasting our fun, but make no mistake we did not get drunk, slightly tipsy at times but we are lots of seafood too.






Shirley on the beach at sunset. She doesn't swim but she loves to walk the beach and pick up sea shells and of course the warm weather was a real treat to us who just endured a very cold winter in NY.















And then you have me on the beach at sunset. I am a water baby and prefer being in the water vs walking the beach. I usually snorkel about and have a blast.  I can't seem to get my sisters to join me in this snorkeling business tho.  However, last summer I taught my now 6 year old grandson not to swim and snorkel and he and I snorkel about like fools.

Below are photos of Keenan and I at the Norwood beach, we are not big fans of brown water but hey, we had a good time.  And then, the hotty of the day, Mister Clint, handsome as ever that boy.






I could continue to post photos and drive my self nuts figuring out how I can write next to or under them but screw it, enough photos all ready.

One of my favorite things to do while in Florida and I have many, is catching up with my Vietnam roommate, aka Tank.  It always amazing me that 47 years later she still sings that damn song, word for word and I love hearing it and she has a lovely voice. Sadly this time we never took one photo of us, how bad is that?  It was also great to see Justine as well and she is look great too.

I was recently back in Florida this month but it was not for fun and games.  My sister lost her husband on Oct 10th and I went down to be with her and so glad I did.  She is doing better each day and after nearly 58 years together, it will take some time to adjust and accept that he is gone.

Now I am back home and waiting to learn why my younger sister will have her cataract surgery and if possible, I will try to be with her. You understand, at this time of year, snow makes any and all travel difficult and she lives 3 hours away.

As for me, I am fine. Dealing with plantar fasciitis (aka bone spur) which is a bitch and I'm doing all the exercisers, have the power step inserts in my shoes, etc.  the heel is getting better and I see the podiatrist this week. Hey, I'll do whatever I can to avoid that damn cortisone shot in the heel, that is one shot I cannot see me taking - no flippin way.

I remain cancer free, which is great and getting my eye surgery nine month check up later next month too.  All in all I am doing good and now my goal is to drop a few pounds and stay active. Toning is happening but I'm not noticing any weight loss but hey,pants are fitting a bit looser so something is working.  I have sworn off sweets until Turkey day, then watch out.

Have a great Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year...in case I don't get back on here to update.  I know you read this Justine so keep in touch and stay happy.   

No comments: