Sunday, August 7, 2011

Catholic Beer

CATHOLIC SHAMPOO


TWO NUNS WERE SHOPPING AT A 7-11 STORE. AS THEY PASSED BY THE BEER COOLER, ONE NUN SAID TO THE OTHER, " WOULDN'T A NICE COOL BEER OR TWO TASTE WONDERFUL ON A HOT SUMMER EVENING?"

THE SECOND NUN ANSWERED, "INDEED IT WOULD, SISTER, BUT I WOULD NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE BUYING BEER, SINCE I AM CERTAIN IT WOULD CAUSE A SCENE AT THE CHECKOUT STAND."

"I CAN HANDLE THAT WITHOUT A PROBLEM" THE OTHER NUN REPLIED, AND SHE PICKED UP A SIX-PACK AND HEADED FOR THE CHECK-OUT.

THE CASHIER HAD A SURPRISED LOOK ON HIS FACE WHEN THE TWO NUNS ARRIVED WITH A SIX-PACK OF BEER. "WE USE BEER FOR WASHING OUR HAIR" THE NUN SAID, "BACK AT OUR NUNNERY, WE CALL IT CATHOLIC SHAMPOO.

WITHOUT BLINKING AN EYE, THE CASHIER REACHED UNDER THE COUNTER. PULLED OUT A PACKAGE OF PRETZEL STICKS, AND PLACED THEM IN THE BAG WITH THE BEER.

HE THEN LOOKED THE NUN STRAIGHT IN THE EYE, SMILED, AND SAID: "THE CURLERS ARE ON THE HOUSE."

&&&&&&&
Went to the county fair this past week and man, many things have changed and I usually enjoy change and understand change is needed.  It was somewhat hard to see the youth building with so few club booths and exhibits tho.  In my day, that building was cramed with youth work and we had to work hard to make room for all the club booths.

Even the animal barns had fewer animals this year and while folks "spread out" and had lots more room than they ever had in the past, it didn't take much to see fewer animals at the fair this year too.  And, at least for me, the fact the midway and food joints didn't even open until 1:00 pm was really odd and I don't remember it being like that just 5 years ago either.  Oh well, all in all, it is our county fair and it was fun seeing former kids now adults, showing off their own children and many adult volunteers more than ready to greet and chat for awhile.  It definitely was a fun time to swap stories and catch up. Even some staff were still on-board and I had a chance to chat with them too.  Now its up for grabs "Do I attend the State Fair or not?"  Most likely I will and with my sister, which is always a fun outing.



Saturday my daughter ran in the 5K Waddington Homecoming event & we got to watch Clint.  I gotta tell ya, he is something else.  He is talking up a storm these days and while most words I can understand, some are just unknown.  Best of all, he will repeat them, over and over, very patiently expecting me to somehow understand them but it never happens. Finally I just say "I guess,"and he is content and moves on to another word or game.  He is a pistol for dang sure!!!

So that has been my weekend, oh, Saturday night Hubby and I had date night, went to the movie and saw Cowboys and Alien.  Okay, we have seen worse, much worse and on a scale of 1 to ten, with ten being totally lousy, I would give this movie a 6 may a 7.  It was for the most part entertaining and fun to see Harrison Ford as not quite the good guy for a change.  He was a good guy but not the main good guy!  Ya, that made a lot of sense, eh?  Oh hell, go see the damn movie for yourself.

No comments: