Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Weenie Test

Three 3rd Graders: an Irish kid, an Italian kid and a Black kid, are on the playground at recess. The Irish kid suggests that they play a new game. "Let's see who has the largest weenie," he says.

"Okay." They all agree.

The Irish kid pulls down his zipper and whips it out.

"That's nothing," says the Italian kid. He whips his out, and proudly shows that his is at least an inch longer.

Not to be outdone, the Black kid whips his out. It is by far, not only the biggest, but the fattest.

That night, eating dinner at home, the Black kid's mother asks him what he did at school today.
"Oh, we worked on a science project, had a math test, and read out loud from a new book, and then during recess, my friends and I played a new game called 'Let's see who has the largest weenie."

"What kind of game is that, honey?" asks the mother.

"Well, me, Anthony and Patrick each pulled out our weenies, and I had the biggest! The other kids say it's because I'm Black. Is that true?
"No, Leroy. It's because you're eighteen!"

&&&&&&&

So, let me update you on my so called fitness madness.  As many of you know, surgery kept me from snow shoeing this past winter and many other forms of exercise.  I wasn't the most patient and resumed exercising a bit too early and managed to pull an abdominal muscle, so I was back to square one. Anyway, I did get back to walking, three days a week and doing about 2.5 miles each time.  It's not a speed walk mind you,but a nice pace that allows me to enjoy the walk and keeps me outside.

Anyway, having heard alot about Zumba dancing, I decided to purchase the Wii Zumba Dance program.  Please keep in mind, I have three left feet and damn little rhythm, I mean, I like to think I do but I don't (ya, like none of you have this same issue???).  Anyway, I hook it up and we do these tutorials.  Boring as hell, but at the same time, helpful.  Mirror the instructor and as she turns green this indicates you are doing things correctly and burning up energy - huh?  I want to burn calories and lose weight not burn up energy!!!

Eventually I got sick of the tutorial and started the actual dance program. First I learned I was taking way too big steps and yes, they expect me to move my legs, ass, arms and somehow do all this to a rather catchy tune too.  The real trick is to just relax, let yourself go and have fun...of course, in the privacy of your own home this is possible. I cannot imagine doing this in front of other people!!!  But does it work?  Tell ya, what it is fun, that is important and I do believe it will tone and help me to lose weight or at the very least maintain my stamina and energy level.  I do not wish to become a slug...slugs are no fun.

So with any luck toward the end of the month I shall head to Buffalo, see Niagara Falls, hang out with my daughter, grandson and friends, then back to Syracuse and take in the State Fair. That should pretty much end my traveling for the summer I think. Still hoping to try out my inflatable kayak before the summer ends too.

Yup, life is good  and I remain on this side of the dirt...keep smiling!!


This is the new seat belt law...gotta love it.




No comments: