Friday, October 21, 2011

Fable of the Porcupine

It was the coldest winter ever. Many animals died because of the cold.

The porcupines, realizing the situation, decided to group together to keep warm. This way they covered and protected themselves; but the quills of each one wounded their closest companions.
After awhile, they decided to distance themselves one from the other and they began to die, alone and frozen. So they had to make a choice: either accept the quills of their companions or disappear from the Earth.

Wisely, they decided to go back to being together. They learned to live with the little wounds caused by the close relationship with their companions in order to receive the heat that came from the others.. This way they were able to survive.

The best relationship is not the one that brings together perfect people, but when each individual learns to live with the imperfections of others and can admire the other person's good qualities. The moral of the story is:

Just learn to live with the Pricks in your life!
 
It all started a few weeks ago, visiting my daughter's friend, Natasha and her family in Buffalo, Clint discovered this play kitchen and man, that was that, he loved it and it kept him busy the entire time.  So, Meme saw one in a yard sale, it was free, and picked it up, cleaned it up and then, bought some items and he was golden.  Since that free purchase, Meme has also purchased a "new" play kitchen so he has two and talk about fun, ye gads, he's in the playroom forever!!! (BTW, play room is his bedroom and where his crib once occupied space, now its the play room.)

In the meantime, for reasons still unclear to me, our Wednesday lunch outing was great fun, we went over to Malone and I even saw a former co-worker and that was fun surprising him.  The day was great and although the weather was getting colder, it was still a fun outing.  That night something went wrong, I had a tummy ache and then the diarrhea all damn night.  I mean, this was unreal. Every time I'd lay down and think this was done, it would happen again and again.  Needless to say I spent most of Thursday in bed, sleeping and hoping I was empty because, quite frankly, my ass was sore.  Around 5:30 I elected to take some food and it stayed down...hope to hell this was just a one day bug because this inactivity and sleepy day crap is not my style at all!

I am hearing from many that some kind of bug is going around and many kids and adults are down with this sucker.  Have no idea what other folks are taking, as for me, some Pepto Bismol was all I took and that provided great relief.  Today I am experiencing some back pain but that could be caused from no activity and stiffness.  I plan to cure that soon, vacuum and dusting, meaning bending and squatting should loosen those stiff muscles.  Aw the weekend...how delightful.

Oh one more photo to complete the start of your weekend...come on, its funny:

How many did you want?

No comments: