Sunday, October 2, 2011

Persimmons

A small church had a very attractive big-breasted organist and her breast were so large that they bounced and juggled while she played the organ. Unfortunately, she distracted the congregation.

The very proper church ladies were appalled. They said something had to be done about this or they would have to get another organist.

So, one of the ladies approached her about the problem, and told her to mash up some green persimmons and rub them over her breasts, which should cause them to shrink in size. She warned her not to taste any of the green persimmons, because they are so sour they will make your mouth pucker up, and you won't be able to talk properly for a while.

The voluptuous organist reluctantly agreed to try it.

The following Sunday morning the minister walked up to the pulpit and made an announcement:

"Dew to thir cumsthanthis bewond my contwol, we will not hab a thermon tewday.
 
&%&&&&^^^^
 
Yes it is now October -- hello.  I know, September went by way too fast,right?  Plus, since we hit the first day of Autumn, the temps have slowly but steadily dropped and dammit, I gave up and attempted to turn the heat on last night.  I mean, come on, rain, wind and low temp, this house was damp and some heat would be a welcome relief.  However, I had a small problem: MY HEATER WOULD NOT CLICK ON!
 
Sunday morning my son-in-law came over, spent about five minutes on the heater and hurrah, I got heat.  Man, does it feel good to have that damp feeling removed and the house warm.  I do not want a "hot" or overly "warm" house, as I prefer it a little cooler but damp is not my idea of comfort.  Usually we set the temp at 68 for the winter and that's where it stays.  If company enters and stays and acts cold (some will flat out say, "damn girl, its like a friggin meat locker in here)--we'll crank up the heat. But as soon as they leave, its back to 68. We are not those clowns who crank the heat up and down all winter, no way.  It's really gotta be extremely cold for us to think 68 is not warm enough.
 
Oh remember me telling ya about Sensa --what? you don't remember?  Its that stuff you sprinkle on your food and you'll lose weight. Actually after a couple weeks, this stuff actually does tell your brain you are full and to stop eating.  However, in my case, it also caused me some major stomach aches and through a process of elimination (I mean, come on, tummy aches from beer is not possible) I elected to stop using it.  Now I am sending the stuff back and praying like crazy that my account is closed.  Sometimes these companies are not good about honoring your request to stop, no more, I'm done, this is it, close my account and stop asking!  Look, its really a case of this not working well with my doctor ordered meds...that's the real story.  But I did lose 4 pounds--or it could of been the case of diarrhea that caused this loss??? Laugh, that was a joke!!
 
So, this is Sunday, football games have entertained me most of the afternoon, and I'm sure there's more for this evening...yes, I am a football fan but I think my Steelers loss today---dammit!  Oh well, its early in the season and all is good.  Yes, its cold outside, windy, rainy and miserable but I did manage to get out for awhile -- not too long tho -- not exactly hiking weather.

No comments: