Saturday, February 18, 2012

Shave and Hair cut

An old man walks into the barbershop for a shave and a haircut. He tells the barber he can't get a good shave. He says he can't Get all his whiskers off because his cheeks are wrinkled from age.

The barber gets a small wooden ball from a cup on the shelf and Tells him to put it inside his cheek to spread out the skin. The Barber proceeds to give the old man a shave.

When he's finished, the old man tells the barber that was the Cleanest shave he's had in years, but he wanted to know what Would have happened if he had swallowed the little ball.

The barber replied, "Just bring it back tomorrow like everyone else does."

************


I know, gas prices are just unreal and someone said; "they're gonna hit $5 a gallon by summer." Well, that will cause many to reconsider driving on vacation, eh?  Then again, air fare isn't cheap either!  Buy a horse, get a covered wagon, pack stuff up now and leave next month and you'll be in warmer climates by late April or early May!  Think of the fun you'll have??

As for me, next week I am headed to Rochester and looking forward to spending some time with my sister,who has been in Florida and has tales to tell, my grandson will definitely entertain us, my daughter is always a fun gal to hang out with and the indoor pool shall beckon me often as long as the water is warm, unlike SUNY Potsdam's pool that has slightly chilly water and no freaking ladder to use to get out!  Upper body strength is definitely needed -- ladder is built in to and under the water and there's one skinny pole you grab to haul your ass out...not a pretty picture for us old folks.  Getting in is kinda, sit down, scoot and plop in and let that cold water caress your body!  By the time you are numb, you like the pool!!!    But come on Rochester and so looking forward to seeing and doing things at the Strong Museum and there's other spots we can hit as well. Too bad the girl has to work but the "retired" ones shall definitely have fun with Clint!!!

On the exercise front, still can't get out and walk in the mornings as the icy sidewalks to do invite a decent pace and something about falling prevents me from even wanting to hike around town.  However, I am doing some new exercises I read about and they aren't too bad...oh ya, in the privacy of my own home.  Lots of upper body strength and hey, light weights help to reduce the flab under the arms too...not a good place for a tattoo unless you're thinking Flag and wish it to fly?  Ya, visualize that and giggle.

Yes, Lent is right around the corner, Wednesday in fact and this year, my sister-in-law and I plan to give up sweets (all sweets mind ya) and she's also giving up beer/alcohol.  As for me, hold on a sec, I'll need the booze if I can't have any sweets!  In case you wonder, its not just Roman Catholics who give up or take up something for Lent, Protestants also engage in this fasting...but we ain't real keen on eating only Fish on Friday!!!

So as I prepare for my trip, lists are being made, last minute shopping considered and at some point, packing shall commence.  Oh the fun of it. Take care, have a great weekend and for crying out loud, smile!

No comments: