Monday, April 26, 2010

First Place

I know, hockey season never seems to end but in Minnesota it’s a bread of life. This past weekend the “kids” had their major tournament and the Jr. Islanders, whom our Grandson plays for, took first place. Wow, this is really wonderful and the entire team deserves a big WELL DONE!



As for me, the cold is slowly leaving and while I thought I caused this cold considering I got wet loading the car and elected not to change clothes, I learned yesterday that my sister also had a sore throat and she wasn’t in that car! We now blame it on the cold Gulf water. Of course my other sister, who was in the car, blames me—you pick who brought on this damn cold.


Also today I resume my RBS duties – oh, you forgot all ready – retirement baby sitting! I did miss the little guy but the break was welcomed too. Truly had a blast with my sisters and the road trip was fun too. We realized that with each driving 4 hour stretches it worked out much nicer and neither was totally exhausted when we stopped for the night.


We stopped in Georgia at some quick food place to get something to eat and of course, stretch our legs too. Now we must have lost our hearing or forgot how to grasp southern words because taking our order was anything but simple. We could not understand the gal and she could not understand us. I guess we were supposed to know that Number One, small burger, came with fries and a drink. It does NOT say this on the sign but regardless that is how it works!

As Sissy ordered first, she paid for two drinks and two fries and I got to buy my own burger – thanks Sis. What made it worse was the burger was not that good and although hungry it was a challenge to consume this sucker…I did but she could not!!! We need to purchase a southern language book so we can avoid these challenges in the future!!!

Almost time for my grandson to arrive and I’m ready to spend the day with him too. Hey, you all have a good day and congrats to Alex and the Jr. Islanders on their first place win…WAY TO GO!!!

No comments: