Wednesday, June 6, 2012

D-Day

Wow, D-day and many of us won't even acknowledge it or recall what this day was all about, how sad is that?

As for me, I shall remember and think of my uncles who fought during WWII and the fact that I lost one uncle in the Battle of the Bulge.  He rests peacefully in Belgium -- I visited his grave years ago, met the family who took care of his resting place, putting flowers on it on the date of his death and keeping it clean.  Yes, it's a military cemetery but the Belgium people never forgot what these men and women did and this is their way to honor them.





Today a grosbeak decided to visit my feeders, I have no real clue what type of bird this was, so I had to seek assistance from Facebook friends, who quickly informed me, its a grosbeak.

I understand the males are attractive the females, not so much.



 In the meantime, the cardinal keeps coming back and even brings his mate/girlfriend. She is a tad more cautious than the male and its harder to capture her on film.


Ah yes, the hummingbird, they continue to visit but I learned, thanks to my son-in-law that its the red liquid that attracts them and when this becomes cloudy or fades, they ain't gonna drink it..duh.

Yes,our weather has been the pits, so sick of this wet stuff and worse, many of us have been forced to turn our heat back on to remove the damp chill that somehow entered our homes.  Hells bells, I was actually wearing a sweatshirt and long pants...plus socks.  Needless to say, all this damn rain has definitely caused the grass to grow and once again, waiting for dry weather so we can mow...ah the joys of Spring.  Wait, when does summer start again?  Oh ya,June 20th

So this is my Wednesday, ain't it grand. Have a good one.  By the way, do you know how they make Holy Water?  Boil the piss out of it!

No comments: