Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dead Penguins


Dead Penguins - I never knew this!
 
Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in
Antarctica ? 
 
Where do they go?
 
Wonder no more ! ! ! 
 
It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird
which lives an extremely ordered and complex life. The penguin is
very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as
maintain a form of compassionate contact with its offspring
throughout its life.
 
If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of
the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the
ice, using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep
enough for the dead bird to be rolled into, and buried.
 
The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave
and sing: 
 
"Freeze a jolly good fellow."
"Freeze a jolly good fellow."
 
You really didn't believe that I know anything about penguins, did you?
It's just so easy to fool OLD people. I am sorry, an urge came over me  
that made me do it!!!

Oh quit whining I fell for it, too.....

************************************************************

So here we are, December 12, 2012 and everyone is asking, "Got all your Christmas shopping done?"  Hell no, why would I do that?  I'm like so many this year, getting into or finding the spirit is taking its sweet time.  However, my tree is up,house decorated, outside ornaments up and everything is working, so I'm doing good.

Had my last chemo treatment on Dec 2nd and of course the next day the shot that knocks me on my ass for 4 days or more.  Taste buds still gone which makes for damn frustrating eating, you can taste nothing but everything smells wonderful.  Then today the doctor's office called and it seems my white blood cell and platelet count is low, so I'm back on some antibiotic and he wants blood drawn today and again on Friday.  Lovely, just lovely.  I was kinda hoping that today while Hubby was running the roads, I could wrap some of his gifts and even stick a few under the tree to help my grandson understand, we don't open these until Dec 25th, so leave them to hell alone.  Ya, lots of luck with this experiment, eh?

Freaking cold this morning too - 13 degrees and last night the wind definitely was creating a freezing wind chill. Holy crap but still, its warmer than Minnesota as they are at 0 degrees -- ya a warm up, as they have been below zero all week. Yuck.

Well, you all have a good day. Keep smiling too.

No comments: