Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Minus 27 degrees

Hello everyone, can ya believe it's 2014 and January is nearly over, well, come on, it's January 21st, that is more than half way in my book! 

Now you can call this weather the polar vortex or what ever, but let me just say,today if just friggin ass cold!

Lately we have seen it all: rain, sleet,thaws, floods, snow,green grass, mud and slick roads and sometimes bare roads.  But today we woke up to -degrees. Not that my friends is friggin cold.
I had hope to get out and do some snow shoeing but with a wind chill advisory and half the damn schools on two hour delays, I think it best to stay inside (preferably under an electric blanket).

On the health front, let me get the good news posted first.  My December mammogram was normal (hurrah) and my oncology appointment Jan 14th declared me cancer free!  I have another mammo in June and follow up oncology in July but hey, this was great news and I'm doing the happy dance.

On the bottom half, the news ain't so good, but not bad either.  Back in November,after nearly five or six years, my back began bothering me and it was time to blast this damn kidney stone, which was done and a stent was put in to help remove the blasted pieces.  Then on my Jan 3rd follow up, it seemed the stones hadn't completely passed and I needed another blast treatment and that was done Jan 6th  but the stent remain,damn.  So now I have a follow up (along with a KUB) on Jan 29th and hoping like hell, the stones have gone and the damn stent can be removed (this is done in his office).  

This is what the ice storm brought us a few weeks ago and yes, we had power outages and some damn slick roads.

However, the sheet of thin ice on top of the backyard, which slopes slightlty, made for a great place to slide and my grandson loved it.  Put him in a plastic sled, little push and away he went. Even Meme (that would be me) did it once but getting back up that icy slope was anything but fun.

Poor birds were having to bust thru ice to get to food and when I could I was insure the bird feeders were full too.  Love to watch them but haven't see a cardinal yet, oh well, they'll be back in due time.

Here's me taken last month or perhaps earlier this month.  I'm losing weight, and inches as I do this Shaun T-25 workout program.  It's only 25 minutes each day and I sweat like crazy but it works.  Also learning to make healthier food choices too.  Sorry, but I still want my sweets but learning to cut down on them,too much sugar is not good.


 I do hope your year is going smoothly and things are happening in a manner you can accept or at the very least deal with?  I know life tosses challenges at us but screw it,we just do what we can and tell ourselves, this side of the dirt is a lot more fun than the other side.  So, if you are sitting around and moaning, get off your ass and move.

Have a lovely day, keep smiling.  Oh, if all goes as planned I will be headed to Florida in April...oh man, that is one road trip I can't wait to start and it'll be so much fun to see my sister and my Nam buddy.  


No comments: