Wednesday, March 26, 2008

JUST STUFF

Some times it is just fun to let the ole mind wander and allow curiosity to flourish. It’s a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.

First up are answering machines. Boy howdy, some folks got some cute messages, others are boring as hell and some, well, they just ain’t worth mentioning. The following is rather cute in my book:

Drawling granny voice: Way back inna winner of fifty-two, we didn' have fanshy gadjets like no ansherin' machine. You jusht had to call and call until shummbody got home. Now, shum people, dey shay dey don' like 'em, but I shay it'll shave you a lotta trouble if you jusht leave a meshage. Thanksh a lot

Then there’s that saying, joke, funny remark, or witty retort someone made that had you giggling all damn day. My sister is famous for these suckers and I can barely catch my breath before she zings another one at me! Here's a few to brighten your day:

Nobody's perfect. I'm a Nobody.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

"I'm out of bed and dressed, what more do you want?"

"Sorry, I don't date outside my species."

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

She's always late. Her ancestors arrived on the June flower.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.

I'm just driving this way to get you mad.

Keep honking--- I’m reloading.

Who are these kids and why are they calling me Mom?

I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.

You! Off my planet! [this is her favorite, sadly she says this to many people]

As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.

BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you! [she likes to remind me of this every time we see each other. All because I told her I had people!]

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?

***********

Okay, I have stalled enough. Time to decide what is getting packed for my Florida trip and what I can leave home – hell, I still have six days, no need to rush this packing crap. Best to "think" on it a few more days!


OMG the sun is out again today – amazing. It snowed last night, rained this morning and now sunshine – be still my heart! Imagine soon we can toss aside the heavy winter clothing and enjoy the freedom of air, sun and wind hitting our arms, legs and feet not just our faces! Oh give it up, you know what I mean…ye gads, you are touchy to day.

1 comment:

WiseAcre said...

Psychic answering amchine message:
I know who you are and what you want. At the sound of the beep please hang up.