Sunday, November 29, 2009

November Almost Over


I don’t know about anyone else but November seems to have flown by, at least the latter half. The first part, not so much as my sister would say.

In the fact the first half was the freakin pits as far as my family was concerned. Our son was undergoing cancer treatment, had some kind of reaction to a trial drug and wham, now he was undergoing open heart surgery to repair a leaky value…sweet Mama, what else could happen. However, he is doing great and we are very thankful for that too.

And our newest grandson is putting on weight and just keeps getting cuter by the day (well, minute if you insist) and Grandma is having a hard time staying away –want to hold him constantly. I also miss the Minnesota grandkids – at least they could and did play games with me (mind and board games).

Went for a brisk walk yesterday morning – had no idea it was that chilly until the wind kick up and then, well, then I realized I should have worn a bit more than just a sweatshirt and vest. Oh well, walk faster and you warm up quick. One thing I noticed and heard was the geese all flying, honking and looking for directions – guess it’s time to head south. What cracks me up is the flock above my head was no where near a V shape – they must have flunked that course.

Later hubby and I put up some outside decorations. Hey, it was a great day for this except for the wind, when that sucker blew you felt it and began to get the idea, colder weather is gonna hit and soon. Oh well, that is life in the North Country.

I suppose next week I shall hit the stores and begin the Christmas shopping (our daughter-in-law is already reminding us in no uncertain terms, she needs a wish list and she wants it ASAP). I have damn little idea of what to buy anyone so it’ll be one of those walk around and let something call to me…hey, this idea has worked for years and years.

Have a grand Sunday – it is football day, so get the snacks prepared, find a comfy seat and sit back and enjoy….oh ya, I doth like my football games!!

No comments: