Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday


Whew, what a weekend and in this neck of Minnesota that's 3-days of weekend fun. Ya, no school on Friday...ye gads!


Halloween was fun...the Grandma's did a great job...what the hell, we can brag too. I was a little puzzled when we "drove" kids almost house-to-house vs. having them walk and as it was not all that cold, this was even more of a puzzle to me. I am not saying kids did not walk door-to-door, they did but driving around town was also necessary. And we took them ONLY to places we knew they knew the kids. Then of course, we had to check all the candy and before long, a sugar high was seen, felt and heard...try getting them to bed when that is going on -- holy sheet!


The next day we headed over to the Black Bear for breakfast and my grandkids ate like this was their first meal in days...ye gads. Oh I was proud of them, made "happy plates." Then as it was Sunday, it was come home, play a few games and settle in for football. You wanna piss kids off, tell'em the TV is yours for the day..ye gads. Oh give me a break, they have a TV in their room, they can watch things up there. Why is it kids insist on having you in the same room to watch shows?


It has been a rough week and weekend for my son as the treatments put him thru the ringer. Then he was retaining fluid and needed help getting them out and was also experiencing some pain. Hopefully today's treatments will go smoother, better meds will be given to deal with pain, nausea and fluid retention. They really hope to head home today -- both are anxious to see their kids...they have NEVER been away from them for this long.


And on the home front (meaning there) my grandson, Clint, is now home too. Mommy is taking him for his blood work and other check ups this morning all by herself and a tad nervous. Of course Grandpa has seen and held him and again, everyone is doing this but me...oh well, when I get home, he's all mine for a little while. I'm sure his parents will want a break by then too.


So the sun is shining, the dog and I have had a short walk -- it was chilly and that little Shih Tzu take very small steps...I had to adjust my pace to accommodate the damn dog -- how sad is that?


Have a great day, and keep smiling...

2 comments:

Moonbeam said...

Those grandkids of yours are too cute! :0)

Sounds like you had a fun Halloween! :0)

Did you vote absentee??

I was number 345 tonight! DeKalb is the big-time! lol! :0)

Pat said...

Moonbeam, I couldn't agree more, they are cute little devils.

Kick my ass, I did not vote, too many other things on my mine, lousy excuse but it works for me!

Well, more anon...take care...giggles and beer sure sounds good!