Friday, November 13, 2009

Some times you Just Don't Ask

Just when you think you have heard it all, out pops another idiot!!!!!!
How about this one for all of the teachers I am forwarding this to.
Have you ever heard of such ignorance?

How would you pronounce this child's name?

"Le-a"

Leah?? NO
Lee - A?? NOPE
Lay - a?? NO
Lei?? Guess Again.

This child attends a school in Detroit, MI. Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong.

It's pronounced "Ledasha" .

When the Mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said, "the dash don't be silent."

SO, if you should happen to see something as ridiculous as this come across your desk, please remember to pronounce the dash.

If dey axes you why, just tell dem dat de dash don't be silent.

(And then we wonder why the whole damn country is falling apart...)

&&&&&&&&


A man went to church one day and afterward he stopped to shake the preacher's hand. He said, 'Preacher, I'll tell you, that was a damned fine sermon. Damned good!'

The preacher said, 'Thank you sir, but I'd rather you didn't use profanity.'

The man said, 'I was so damned impressed with that sermon I put five thousand dollars in the offering plate!'

The preacher said, 'No shit?'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little minds , glad family things are getting better and congrats on you grandson . Another great joke here that is probably more real life than we think . Well , I have to - off to work now . As usual you do a great job . I missed my chance to get up north this fall , guess I will shoot for spring . This blog never fails me for a laugh or something else to ponder . You do a great job . Jim