Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Junk Drawers

Okay, go ahead; tell me you don’t have a junk drawer in your kitchen…liar….we all have at least one.

And what is amazing is that when we finally decide to clean it, the stuff we realize we shoved in there should have been tossed a long time ago, right?

What is even worse is once everything is out, you wash the drawer and it looks clean now, right? Then you put stuff back in the drawer and I don’t know about you, but mine looks almost as full and messy as when I started – what in hell is that all about? I don’t recall “Junk Drawer 101,” being like this, did you?

Gotta tell ya, Minnesota is starting to get some cold weather. Hey, 25 degrees is cold in my book. And yes, we have had our first snow and it tried like hell to snow yesterday but it never happened, thank goodness. Again, the wind off the thousand Lakes makes it much cooler in my book but the folks here are of hearty stock and don’t see this as all that cold yet!

My son is really having a rough time with this treatment process. The new drug is causing all sorts of side affects and they are done with that sucker - -ya think? He was retaining fluids so they gave him something to stop that and that caused dehydration so that wasn’t a good plan. Then something else was tried and he was nausea and weak, I mean this is strong young man and he could not walk three steps without needing to sit down and rest…so he was being pushed about in a wheelchair!

He was hospitalized Sunday and Monday, they checked him and said he needed to stay in the hospital because he was experiencing a minor capillary leak syndrome…holy shit, what else can he experience? This morning his heart was racing so he was taken to ICU, on oxygen as a precautionary measure and everything is being monitored. It’s scary as hell hearing about all this and unable to do much however, he will get through this and he has a very strong, supportive and loving wife right by his side encouraging and keeping him fighting. Please pray for him and all those fighting cancer…this is one badass disease.

Yes, is it time for grandma to study so she can do homework later, I do need to keep my image up for the grandkids, and at this point, I am still smarter than a 1st and 3rd grader - -not by much, but a little.

On the home front, my newest grandson is doing great, Mommy and Daddy are enjoying him and as always I am anxious to see him too.

Keep smiling folks, we’re above ground and life is good!

2 comments:

Moonbeam said...

You know, I just had to go into TWO of my junk drawers right before Halloween!! Boy, was that scary!! LOL!!

IF I had cleaned out those drawers ahead of time, my costume would NOT have been as good as it was! ;0)

Dean will pull through this fight, YOU WILL go home & meet your newest Grandson, AND you & I WILL have our giggle-fest! :0)

UB said...

Pat and Pat enjoy you Grandson...I have 9 beautiful grand daughters...4 weeks old thru 15.3 years!!! They grow up fast.