Friday, October 30, 2009

Snowing In Minnesota

Hey, snow at this time of year is even strange for this neck of the woods and you know, that first snow is always special...usually because its light and ain't gonna stick...that's special!!!

All fine here in Warroad, grand kids are good, keeping me busy and driving me nuts at times but it's all good stuff. I do lots of homework Monday thru Thursday, and then, more over the weekend...no school here on Friday's. Hey, the school voted for a 4-day school week, longer days and no school on Friday as a cost saving thingy. Not sure that is working as both parents and teachers dislike this new schedule. The folks reaping the benefits are those running day care --ya think?

Oh for those keeping track,my son is doing okay. Treatments are awkward at times, making him very tired and he sleeps alot. But he is doing great. This is the longest they have been away from their kids and I don't know who bawls more when the call, the kids or them.







On the home front, I am proud to announce my daughter has had her baby. He came early, a month early (sick of that small apartment); currently in a hospital in Syracuse but all is fine. He is a beautiful little boy, head full of black hair and man, is he loved by his parents and Grandma is anxious to see and hold him too. Like I said, he came a month early, weighed in at 5.5 and doing nicely..no lungs problems and eating up a storm. He'll be headed to his own bed and home real soon.

Yes, congrats and welcome Clint -- there's an exciting world for you to explore and see, it's gonna be a blast.

Keep smiling folks, I'll be doing Grandma duty tomorrow night as I take grandkids out to trick or treat, the other Grandma is driving the getting away car -- we got this covered big time.

No comments: