Sunday, May 2, 2010

Handicap Doors

Okay, I am all for these buttons that those who need them can push so the doors open for them. Hey, you don’t have to be totally handicapped to use these suckers and that’s no big deal.

However, I was in Watertown yesterday with my grandson, we got done shopping and I was leaving the store, pushed the handicap door opener and one set of doors opened nicely, allowing me and the stroller plenty of time and space to walk through. Now I am between doors and no freakin button and now, I gotta turn around, open the damn door and pull the stroller toward me and out the door. Who the shit came up with that stupid design? Isn’t one handicap button pushed supposed to open both doors?

As I’m struggling with the door, none to pleasantly I hasten to add, this lovely woman says; “hang on a sec, I will help you.” Oh goodie, my tantrum is cut short and I thanked her but made the comment about the stupid button and she replied, “Yes, it’s dumber than whale shit!” Gotta love those that help ole people!!!

Nice day shopping and Watertown is like a new world after being stuck in upstate and store after store has closed. Hey, I like Wal-Mart, truly I do, but I do get sick of that being my only option and the Mall, well, we still have some shops in there but damnit, some are upping prices to make up for lack of customers I think….ye gads!!!

BTW (that's by the way, in case you aren't into the new texting spelling) -- supposedly if you separate bananas they remain fresher longer -- who'd of thunk!  Gee, if I leave my beer uncorked, does it remain fresher longer too?  Screw it, I'm drinking the beer, as for the bananas, what the hell, separate them, who cares, gonna eat'em up pretty fast anyway!

No comments: