Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Saratoga

Last week was kinda a trial run for Clint and I.  We went to Saratoga with Mommy so she could attend the SUNY Cap Conference but more importantly, this was his first real long road trip.

Soon he will depart with his parents for a trip to Maine [and I get to house sit instead of kid sit,much easier I suspect]-- and in the Fall, Grammie shall accompany Mommy on high school visit in New Jersey...While she does her thing, Clint and I shall do our thing, which means, lots of stroller hikes and finding quaint places to explore.  I suspect by then, he will be walking...he's about had it with this crawling number.  He is fast but even he knows, two feet move faster than two knees!


Now take a look at this birdhouse?  I put this one facebook and many asked if it was mine (they are so kind) but one gal wrote "great, even the freakin birds got government housing!"  Even more amazing was throughout this park, which was quite huge, there were various bird houses and quite elaborate at that...lucky damn birds.
The other thing was lots of freakin ducks.  I mean, the ducks are the main attraction at this park for damn sure. They are everywhere, wait, near the water and to be honest, there isn't alot of duck poop, I mean you can walk about without stepping in shit (which is good).  Clint was pretty impressed with them, finally something smaller than him!
Saratoga is a nice city/town/village -- lots to see and do and easy walking around the town -- did I say "easy?"  Yes, the downhill walks were delightful, but coming back up the hill, pushing the stroller definitely was a workout I had not prepared for so I found a new route so I could avoid that freakin hill.  I still had a hill to get over but not as steep and offered me other sights to enjoy as well.  Including the reality that if I had turned left when I left the hotel, I would have walked to Dunkin Donuts, Stewarts and Pizza Hut...instead I went right and headed downtown to all the quaint little shops!  In fact, when I did stop to eat, thinking the baby wouldn't mind, as soon as my food arrived, two bites and he was ready to move on -- okay, lesson learned.  Buy shit to go and eat in the freakin park!!!

All in all folks it was a fun outing and although I came home exhausted, it was a good exhaustion (is there really such a thing?).  I always have a good time and yet, once home I need my catch up rest and my own bed -- oh hell, I also need my chair naps!!!

Did you hear about the guy who wouldn't go out with his wife because she was a married woman?

Ya same guy who thought Moby Dick was a venereal disease.

And finally let me leave you with this thought: some days you're the bug and some days you're the windshield.

So keep smiling and remember, life is good as long as you're on this side of the dirt.  Nobody has told me about the other side!

No comments: