Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Earthquake

Okay, you felt it, right?  Oh come on, everyone is talking about the quake that hit our area around 1:40 this afternoon.  What?  You slept thru it?  Have no clue about this? Damn, wake Up!!!  You know this is gonna be the only thing talked about for the next few days, right?

Gotta tell ya, I have lived all over the place, stateside and overseas, and I have witnessed tornadoes, hurricanes and even earthquakes but I never in my life suspected one in my neck of the woods -- upstate NY are you kidding me???

Here I was, watching Wimbledon tennis matches, no big deal, got up to put the baby's bottle in the sink and suddenly it felt like the house was shaking or wait, was I having a stroke (not that I ever have had one or even know what in hell they feel like)?  I mean, this shaking wasn't just a quick little shake and done, nope, this shaking hung in there a few minutes[okay, 45 seconds but it seems like minutes].  It was a bit annoying and puzzling.  However my tennis matches were keeping me happy, so I had to rush to the computer and hit the local weather station to learn, yup we had a freaking earthquake.

Now the "scale" is incomplete -- most agree it was at least 5.0 but many are saying it 5.5.  And the center?  You ready for this? Ottawa -- that's just two hours from us -- wow. 

Now, we shall (so they say) have some after effects (what more quakes) and tonight we are to prepare for some major thunder-bumpers.  Look, as I understand it, Florida would love this freakin rain, can we direct it that way and have them send some of that heat our way?  I don't want it blistering hot but I would like to see the gardens flourish for a change!!!

Okay its "pasture bedtime" so I am outta here...have a good evening.

No comments: