Sunday, July 18, 2010

Another Trip

Yup, planning another trip...first airplane ride for my newest grandchild and because we had such an early morning departure, we plan to spend the night at a Hotel in Ottawa -- ten minutes from the airport--hurrah!!!

Granddaughter and uncle preparing for a short bike ride.  I girl needs help in the shoe department if she plans to ride bikes very often,eh?

Maybe I can convince uncle to take me on a ride while out there. Years ago I rode alone but that was way too many years ago.



So, as we endure the countdown prior to departure its the normal crap...laundry, sorting, lists and wondering "am I taking too much? Do I really need this outfit?  Wait, what about this?"  As for me, over the years I have realized that less is best.  Most places have washers n dryers, so I can wash my clothes and packing so much that never gets worn just makes for a heavier bag -- screw that!!! So my motto is "go light,"and I'm definitely attempting to do just that!!!



I know my son will read this so listen up:  Don't forget your passport, the kids birth certificates (as I understand they are coming with you too) and the car seat for Clint.  We'll stop to eat somewhere on the trip from Winnipeg to Warroad...my treat -- order that steak I dare you, just dare you!!!

Ta-dah---last load of laundry in the dryer -- now if the shit would fold itself I'd have it made.  Going to my daughter's for dinner, so no cooking being done here today..wow.  Yup, life is good.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.

Again, let me remind you BEER is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!


Okay, everyone smile and remember, you're on this side of the dirt and life is good!!!

No comments: