Monday, July 5, 2010

Yo Hornets Sting

Okay, the 4th of July started out really nice, weather was great and of course this was the day hubby decided to -finally -clean the gutters.  No big deal, right?

I was watching the Wimbledon finals and happy to announce that Rafa Nadal won his second Wimbledon title.  In the midst of this hubby came in and announced he would need my help and I said; "you need to wait, this match is almost over and I'm not leaving until it ends."  Eventually I did go outside to see what in hell he wanted. Well, first he wanted me to steady the ladder..dud! Then he was dragging the hose and gonna run water down the gutters and wanted me to go to the end and see if the water was coming out..simple, eh?

Simple, my ass!  This little hike to the end of the house had me passing by this hornet nest and he stirred them up and now, they came at me with friggin pitchforks. 

Got stung on my arm, face and worse, right between the eyeballs -- now that sucker hurt and hubby was on the ladder watching all this and saying; "is the water coming out?" 

Do you not see me on the ground?  You really think I care about water down a gutter -- how about some mud or something to ease this freakin pain?  Finally he realized I was actually in pain and asked if I was okay? Define okay!!!


Went inside and got my iphone and found this lovely photo on it -- yup, that's my granddaughter and she was in the parade in Warroad...what a doll.  She can hardly wait for Grandma's visit later this month, she just had her room redone,can't wait to show me the hot pink, lime green and white walls and of course, we love to read books to each other -- now that is great snuggle time.

Now it was time to grab a water bottle, cap and head downtown to watch the Norwood Parade. I was sick of this watch the water come out the gutter number and just wanted to get away from the hornets (bees or wasps or whatever in hell was biting me).   Keep in mind I had no idea how swollen my forehead was and started to wonder why folks were giving me odd looks --I thought I had dressed rather patriotic today --Eventually ran into some who alerted me to the swollen forehead. 
Norwood really does offer a fantastic parade and it was hot but folks endured and stayed to end...it was a long sucker but well worth it.  My only gripe and it happens every year is that folks do not show the proper respect for the US Flag. Oh, they salute for the first one that is seen but after that, they just sit back, clap and never again salute the Flag. Really irks me because that suggests to me, you don't have a clue why we celebrate this day do you? And you don't have a clue how many have died to preserve the freedoms you and I enjoy...so sit right there, don't salute or even rise, dumb asses!!!

After the parade, I hike my butt home and sat in an air conditioned home for couple hours, cooling down and then, hubby and I headed out to my brother's place for a BBQ, simple and fun...and had a great time.  Thanks so much for in the invite Shirley and Warren -- we truly had a good time.
So this morning, it was get up and go on a walk -- no stroller so I could pick up the pace and really sweat the beer I drank yesterday out of me.  Beautiful morning and just look at the early sunrise -- how can you not be thankful you are on this side of the dirt?

No comments: