Saturday, August 7, 2010

August

Yes, it is August and last night it got down into the 40s and at 8 this morning the temp was a lovely 52 degrees.

Please do not even share with me that the leaves are starting to change.  Damnit, I want to enjoy more summer and if this crap continues, the wise ole poops will claim; "gonna be an early winter."  Hey, I like cold weather too, snow shoeing and all that but come on, its August, let's not get ahead of ourselves!

So this month saw my brother and daughter celebrating birthdays on the 1st, my daughter-n-law celebrates her birthday on the 8th and my sister n law has one on the 31st.  Ya, I know I am missing a ton of people therefore, for all the August birthday babies, happy birthday (happy now?).

Our son is headed back to the Mayo Clinic for another check up, they do this every three months and altho he hates these damn tests, they are needed and the results provide relief. Last check up showed complete remission, and we see no reason to think this won't be the case this go around.  Plus, once summer is over and things get back to normal (do they ever get normal) he and I are gonna get serious about weight loss so we look grand for my oldest grandson's graduation from HS next May.  Ya, Dean you did agree to this!!!

My youngest grandson is busy as ever. He is getting brave and now attempts (hell, succeeds)in standing with no support...not for long but he is getting better at this every day. Soon, he's gonna just take off and then, my chasing will truly begin. As it is, he crawls damn fast and one day this week I could not find him...he was behind a chair and until he made a noise I was unaware of where the little devil got off too. He rarely heads to our bedroom, its dark down there but that was where I was headed until he made a noise. Talk about proud, when I found he, he just smiled like crazy!

Not sure what I'll do today.  The house needed cleaning, the cleaning fairies did not show, so I assumed the identity of another person and that witch cleaned like this was a mission that could not be denied.  Got everything done in less than an hour -- amazing! Well, okay, not every surface got dusted but come on, both bathrooms cleaned, floor vacuumed and almost everything dusted.  Laundry is caught up and taken care of and dishwasher is emptied too.  I had all ready mopped the kitchen floor and unless changing light bulbs is now on the cleaning list, this is a good start or better yet, a good place to stop!

Hey, try to have a great weekend -- great day for a hike --now there's an idea, let's for a hike!!!  Or I could go fishing....decisions,decisions!!!

No comments: