Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tennis - duh!

Yes, it is that time of year - again (or still in some cases) and you'll just have to deal with it.  For the next two weeks we shall watch the U.S. Tennis Open from Flushing Meadows, NY - just made your day, didn't I?

Don't know what's happening in all parts of the country but upstate (at least my little part) is having some horrendous heat but we accept it because we got damn sick of all that bloody ass rain.

Soon I shall hit the road with my kid and we'll see if we can't drive all the folks in NJ nuts. Actually she'll be working and my grandson and I shall explore the area and find cool things to do while she's doing her thing. Once she rejoins us, each day, we can go other places or just hang out at the pool or the beach. Supposedly NJ is warmer than NY in September and October -- we shall see....road trips are always fun.

Sunday dau and I headed over to Malone, just for a change of stores and of course we had Clint with us. Well, he was just wonderful and after we ate, decided to let him walk (with us holding his hand) to the car. He was thrilled. Not happy to get back in the car seat but it was just a short drive to Wal-Mart (yes, it is a super one but ass-back-wards from the ones in Massena and Potsdam).  Once parked, got a cart and he decided he preferred to "push" the cart vs riding in it. All thru the parking lot and into the store. Every time we attempted to put him in the cart, he let us know he had no desire to ride, he needed to walk, push, etc.  It was funny and folks loved watching him push the cart.

Gotta tell ya, some folks did not look down and see him and only saw me guiding the cart and wonder; "look at that ole fool, she can hardly push that cart."  Hell, I was doing good keeping up with a 10 month old!!!

So today, another hot one, so it'll definitely be pool this afternoon and this morning, we'd best get our walk in early. Stop at the park and let the boy swing, man does he ever love the swings.  The higher the better -- he's an adrenaline junkie!!!




Have a great day and before it gets too bloody hot, get outside and enjoy this Indian Summer weather.  Hey, I was supposed to be at the State Fair but  you know what, in this heat, I'm glad I am home. Trust me, years ago when I was working, I had many days of State Fair heat and do not miss it.

I'm also seeing and reading about all the lovely haying going on too..again do not miss that either.

No comments: