Friday, January 7, 2011

Here We Go Again - Winter Advisory

After a short break, winter weather is returning to the North Country.



The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for St. Lawrence County from 10 a.m . Friday until 7 p.m. Saturday with accumulations of 4 to 8 inches of snow predicted. Light snow is expected to begin this morning and continue through Saturday evening.


Motorists are advised to be prepared for snow covered roads. With 5 to 10 m.p.h. winds expected, there is a possibility of blowing and drifting snow.

Don't ya just love how this weekend is taking shape? Wasn't it just a couple weekends back when the snow all melted, the temp was in the mid-50's and some were foolish enough to think, ah Spring is here!  Hello, its just January, we got a few more months of this cold stuff...get real people.

Gotta tell ya, I like winter, I mean, I like sledding, snowshoeing and even skiing (cross country still escapes me tho) and while ice skating has proven something ole age is not gonna let me do again, I did do this as a kid too.  But this winter, has just been strange and with the up and down temps, I swear I got the dampness in my shoulders and it just will not go away.  I cannot seem to get warm and yes, I am layering and doing all sorts of things to stay warm, but if I sit very long, the chill is back. Damn!!!

Anyway, what I am looking forward to is kayaking this summer.  I mean, an inflatable kayak for Christmas and I'm so anxious to try this sucker its unreal.  I know that we'll "dry run" this in my yard, inflating and deflating and once comfortable and confident, off to the river we'll do.  I imagine my daughter and I shall laugh our heads off and giggle like crazy figuring how to use these oars and what have you but I also know we will figure this out. And in due course, I will most likely be able to take this kayak out and launch it on my own...paddling along with no worries or cares -- oh man, I can hardly wait.  But wait I shall, after all...we must have our winter fun first, right?
Loved hiking back up the hill after a sled ride down.




So I have no idea what your weekend plans are but with this winter snow advisory, I would suggest you give yourself plenty of time to get places and hey, do is all a big favor and stop the tailgate number...leave some space between cars and remember, ice doesn't give a rip if you have 4-wheel drive, it still causes major slides!

You don't stop laughing because you grow old, YOU grow old because you stop laughing!

No comments: