Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hump Day - Again

Ya, that was so original – we get this freakin day each week, big deal, eh?

So I got up and while it was still dark, I headed to Curves – I mean, come on, what’s up with this dark scene at 7 a.m.? Good ole workout, always is good and then, stopped to pick up a few item at the grocery store. Do you know that if possible, grocery shopping in the early morning is the best time – hardly anyone there and while stocking is happening, they’ll get you whatever they haven’t put out yet and think this is just wonderful? Cracks me up!!

The news about the world is just unreal. We got dead birds dropping from the sky and no real answers as to why this is happening. The last theory (and damn we get many) is the birds were all settled in this huge ole tree, a big ole wind came along, swooped them up, toss them around, shocked the living hell outta them; shocked they were dead, fell to the ground! Hey, pass the word, do not settle in that damn tree ever again, eh?!

Then we got some insight into what airlines are charging these days. Even charging for carrying on luggage you cannot stow under your seat! On some they charge you for those 100 year old stale peanuts – seven bucks!!! Oh and my all time favorite, pay to use toilet paper – you gotta take coins with ya, so you can get paper to wipe your butt…are you kidding me!!! All of a sudden Kleenex is becoming a really good travel companion, eh?



And what about all these silly New Year resolutions? Some, make that half are all ready broken. Why in hell do people do this? Why would you make one just at the start of the New Year anyway? I mean, give yourself some time to adjust to 2011 before you commit to some resolution you may or may not keep. The biggest is always the same – dieting! Damn, everyone has a diet for you to try and promises all sorts of goodies. I love the cleansing one – shit yourself skinny! Forget what it does to your body, like remove valuable nutrients you need to be healthy!!! Personally I have found the low carbs diet is best – don’t eliminate carbs, just reduce how many you consume. And once again, the best exercise and one we all can do, is walk. Just friggin walk…go at your own pace. I know snow and ice makes this awkward, I wear those lovely cleats on my shoes and even then, I don’t step out as quickly as when the roads are clear but it does keep me upright. And if the weather is really nasty, walking around my house works too. I know this really irks some but vacuuming actually burns quite a few calories too.

Okay, it’s Hump Day, middle of week and soon we shall move and the weekend shall be upon us – life is good my friends, life is good. Oh by the way, I am so far behind, I thought I was first, how about you???

No comments: