Sunday, January 30, 2011

Twist on Blonde Joke

A blond city girl named Amy married a Colorado rancher. One morning, on his way out to check on the cows, the rancher said to Amy, "The insemination man is coming over to impregnate one of our cows today, so I drove a nail into the 2 by 4 just above the cow's stall in the barn.. Please show him where the cow is when he gets here."




The rancher left for the fields. After a while, the artificial insemination man arrived and knocked on the front door.



Amy took him down to the barn. They walked along the row of cows, and when Amy saw the nail, she told him, "This is the one right here."



The man, assuming he is dealing with an airhead blond, asked, "Tell me lady, 'cause I'm dying to know. �How would YOU know that this is the right cow to be bred?"


"That's simple -- by the nail that's over its stall," she explained very confidently.

Laughing rudely at her, the man said, "And what, pray tell, is the nail for?"


The blond turned to walk away and said sweetly over her shoulder, "I guess it's to hang your pants on!"

(It's nice to see a blond winning once in awhile.)

%^&***

I know its an ole joke but sometimes the oldies are the best.  So, here we are, Sunday and soon January shall disappear and we'll welcome February, aren't you excited?  Ya, and this weekend and next week, whilst the snow shall be more like a dusting, now and then, it's gonna get colder -- ye gads.  Gotta tell ya, this has been a rather cold, chilly start to winter and frankly, I'm ready for it to end.

Yes, I do like winter, I love the winter sports and activities.  I mean, snowshoeing has become a passion and I truly enjoy hiking in the woods or just trekking around my own yard.  I gave up on cross country skiing, never could get the hang of it and while I enjoyed downhill in my younger days, even that doesn't appeal as much anymore.  I love just walking in the cold, fresh, cold winter morning air too.  But alas surgery in January has stopped this year's winter fun but I shall be back next year and make up for the lost opportunities.

In the meantime, I am behaving myself, following doctor's orders and allow my body to heal. I dislike this inactivity but as my energy level is rather low, I accept it and know it will improve in time.

So you all have a lovely Sunday and keep smiling, okay?

No comments: