Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Forward

Ya, ya, everyone is gonna remind us, before we settle down for the night, push that damn clock forward an hour.  Hey, did you know doing this supposedly saves electricity?  Ya,that's the story behind all this crap!!!

Well, its Saturday and not too bad a day. Got a light dusting of the white stuff yesterday but hey the temp is 34 degrees, light wind and not too shabby.  I did manage to get a walk around the block in yesterday, roads were bare and except for some massive potholes and puddles, I did fairly well.  Hey, this was quite an accomplishment and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I miss my walks more than you can imagine.

My appetite is slowly coming back too but not to fast and I am still eating small meals, 4 or 6 a day vs the big three meal number. This is kinda nice now that I am getting use to it.  And slowly I am reintroducing stuff I was prohibited from having until now...oh man, I can't wait to sink my teeth into fresh veggies and fruit.

My Lent number was no sweets and so far I haven't given in to that desire.

So you all have a lovely Saturday and weekend.  My energy level doesn't stay up long but I sure am liking my chair naps.  My lovely dau-in-law sent me an electric blanket and no more cold for this Mama. What was stupid was I didn't realize it was electric, just thought it was this nice fleece blanket, until I unwrapped it and the cords fell out -- ye gads!

No comments: