Monday, January 9, 2012

Eggies

Okay, I admit it...sometimes those damn TV commericals get to me and I actually break down and buy some of that crap.  And to be fair, some times its worth it but other times,well, it's more a challenge and waste of money.  Ya, like you haven't done this too -- give me a break!

For weeks I have been watching (like I have a choice when those damn commericals hit) "never peel a hard boiled egg again," and look at all the fun things you can do with these eggies: crack, boil, twist and eat!  Make delicious deviled eggs, great for Chef salads and tasty eggs Benedict.  Ok now here is the real story.  First ya gotta wash these suckers, that is a given, right?

Then you gotta spray a paper towel with cooking spray and spread into the top and bottom eggie (not allowed to spray directly).  Then, crack an egg and put in the eggie, screw on top and once you get all this done, put in a pan with tap water, make sure the eggies float and bring to boil.  Once boiling hard, reduce to a low boil and cook per instructions...i.e.: soft, medium or hard boil.  Oh ya there is some give on the egg size as well.

Then use a slotted spoon, remove from water, wait 3-4 minutes (this is the lovely cooling process), twist off top, middle ring and slid egg onto your plate.  Hello, the cooking times suck and as for sliding out the egg, no way, I had to use a knife to loosen the sucker onto my plate.  And I was going for a medium soft egg...not this running glob that looked ugly as sin.  So, would I recommend this sucker?  Let me get back to you...at this point, I could have fried an egg faster and if I boil eggs correctly, peeling them is just part of being a cook and it ain't that bad, however, I will try again and see if I can't improve on this new toy.  Hey, it was on sale, so I felt safe giving it a whirl.

And how is your Monday going?

No comments: