Monday, January 23, 2012

Bewildered Cowboy

While hiking down along the border this morning, I saw a Muslim extremist fall into the Rio Grande River . He was struggling to stay afloat because of all the guns and bombs he was carrying.


Along with him was a Mexican who was also struggling to stay afloat because of the large backpack of drugs that was strapped to his back. If they didn't get help, they'd surely drown.

Being a responsible Texan and abiding by the law to help those in distress, I informed the El Paso County Sheriff 's Office and Homeland Security.

It is now 4 PM, both have drowned, and neither authority has responded. I'm starting to think I wasted two stamps.
 
&&&%&&&&&
 
Well, it is Monday morning and dark outside so I have no real "look" at the weather conditions.  However, my temp gauge is claiming 12 degrees but the high today,supposedly will be 39 (with some rain -- huh?).  Normally I kinda like rain, nothing makes for better sleeping sounds than rain falling on the roof but in winter, forget it. Rain means ice and ice means slippery roads and walks and that means, fall on your ass or walk like you are 100 years old.  Ice also makes everyone look the same age just because of how we walk!
 
Yes, thank you I had a lovely weekend.  Attempted to go swimming at the campus pool (again, supposedly it was free public swim time) only to learn it is next weekend...shit!  Fun proving my swim  suit still fit but also reminded me, "buy a new suit this season!"
 
Had fun hanging out with my grandson for an hour or so, then my dau and I headed to town to drive store clerks crazy as we did our shopping. It was a fun outing but frustrating for her. Seems like every time she goes on line to get a script filled, it never is ready because they have to wait until she reminds them they needed to add the grape flavoring.  WTH?
 
Yes of course I watched the football games, first the Patriots kick ass and finally the Giants got their act together and now, these two are headed for the Super Bowl. As my nephew says, I could care less who wins, I'll be wearing my Bronco jersey, eating good eats and drinking beer."  Gotta love his attitude!
 
So Monday, bring it on -- I may have two sick kids to watch -- grandson and his Mommy -- oh how fun is that -- slap both their asses in bed and tell them to sleep and rest.  And now for a little insight into how grandchildren perceive their grandparents:
 
A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like. "We used to skate outside on a pond. I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods."



The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this all in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"

No comments: