Saturday, April 21, 2012

Florida Road Trip


Here we are, ready to begin the Sisters Get-together.  Oh ya, drinks ready and smiles all around.

First off, the drive thru DC was a freaking nightmare and we'd definitely take another route going back (like avoid this at all costs).  But prior to this nightmare we had to deal with an idiot in Pa, who never saw me in the passing lane and nearly caused a horrific accident.  I am proud to say my reflexes remained intact and I was able to avoid a crash. The truck driver behind had his hands to his face because he thought this was not possible, when I did avoid the collision, he raised two-thumbs up to acknowledge that was damn good lady, damn good.

Okay, we arrive in Florida and the wonderful warmth embraced us northern gals quickly.  I would return with a wonderful tan and back to the reality of cold temps but for two+ weeks it was sunshine and cold drinks.  We did alot of things but let me share just a few items to give you a sense of what you probably should not do at our ages.  Like try to do so many things in a four-day time span.  Pick one, go and stay put --is the best advice we gave each other for next year's outing.








Here we are being kids, someone should have advised us how to turn our heads to get a better photo but hey, it was fun nonetheless.  The photo on the right as you look at this, is Pen and Jan on the snail-trail. We never saw any snails but trust me, it was like walking in a rain forest and we walked at a snail's pace.

Now we all wanted to see a Manatee, so we went on a cruise...the deal was if you don't see any, you get $20 back. Well, you know damn well we'll see one if we have to stay on this damn boat all bloody day. So, we brought a cooler with us and yes, it contained beer.
On the left is what I thought we'd see, on the right is what we actually saw..what the hell?

This was taken at the Naples Zoo, quite an interesting place but it could take lessons from either Syracuse or Jacksonville Zoos



I really like the Jacksonville Zoo and in particular the Stingray area, nothing like playing, touching and watching stingrays to make ya feel alive.  This is a wonderful Zoo but I suspect my great-niece who is now ten would prefer something a bit more upbeat. So next year,we'd best find a Water Park or something!!

Okay, I know this is pretty boring but hey, some memories are best left amongst the sisters.  We had lots of laughs and that is one good reason to hang out with each other.  

No comments: