Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yo Weather

Woke up Monday morning to snow -- yes snow and thought I was dreaming, so I tried to go back to sleep but each time I woke up the same scene was there, so it was real, damnit!

Not only was there snow on the ground, but it was still snowing, that kind of slushy snow that makes for slick roads and as a result, many schools were closed for the day.  Plus, many accidents as black ice claimed many drivers and in some cases, totaled cars in quick order.


However, with this goofy weather more birds showed up to pig out in my recently filled bird feeders and most surprisingly a red cardinal.  I had seen this bird at my daughter's house and while in Florida but he had yet to grace my yard with an appearance.

Nothing like a bright red spot on snow-covered ground to show off his colors. And he came off and on all day and again Tuesday morning.  Love it.


Here I am ready to venture onto the beach -- I think this was Fort Myers and that was one crowded beach -- notice the bag on the ground...that my friends was an ice chest and you know we had lemonade in it, right?

Yes, I had my suit under those baggy clothes, and although we didn't stay more than hour, I definitely got sun and continued to work on my tan.  We might had stayed later but the family beside us were just rude and the oldest son acted like he ran the family, the mother was a tad tipsy and the son declared she should not have the credit card!  WTH!

This is the bridge leading toward the Jacksonville Beach, I think.  This particular weekend the Blue Fest was taking place near the beach and trust me, parking was the bloody pits.  As we had visited the zoo first, the only one with a suit on was my niece and there was no place for us adults to change, so we splashed about in our shorts and considered that a cooling experience.

Oh one of the things us gals wanted to try was paddle surfing, I mean, come on, we were game for this however, when we checked and learned it was $175 to rental the board and paddle, plus endure a 45 minute lesson, we opted to rethink this game plan!  It's a damn surf board with a paddle and you want how much?  Get a life, Dude!!!






On the way back home, we decided to stop for breakfast -- guess where? The Pink Cadillac Diner!  This is located in Natural Bridge, Va. and its packed full of Elvis memorabilia -- now the Elvis statute that I'm standing in front of isn't the greatest rendition but hey, it was fun to pretend I was having breakfast with Elvis.

This truly is a great diner, lots to see and great service and the food was wonderful too.  If at all possible, we'll stop here again next year and take even more photos.  Love it when we find places like this --!

So its Tuesday and hopefully I can visit my sister-in-law and meet my newest great-niece today too.  Have a few goodies for them all and well, it'll be a fun visit for dang sure.

More another time -- Tuesday is starting to look good, sun is shining, wind is blowing, its still chilly but the damn snow is melting, that is a good sign.

No comments: