Sunday, May 6, 2012

4-Wheeling

Hello,

Yes, it is Sunday and yes, I have my heat back on -- this damn weather is driving me bonkers.  I cannot believe I needed to turn the heater on because this house and I were chilled to the bone!

Yesterday was great fun and a first for me. First my grandson took me for a walk in the woods, over to the gravel pit and of course, he had to hike through every puddle he could find.  He was doing good until he slipped and now, he was thoroughly wet but didn't seemed to care.  His mother and I were most anxious to get him home, changed and dry but that wasn't his agenda (however, we did that in due course too).  And while on this hike,he talked constantly and pointed things out to me. As Daddy had recently "brush-hogged" the area, stuff was sticking up in places and he warned me;"be careful Meme, don't trip!"




Then, back to the house and dry clothes and now he wanted to ride motorcycle with Daddy. Well, Daddy is game and once his helmet was on, it was off they went.  During which time, my daughter decided Mom should go 4-wheeling!  Well, that was also gonna include "mud-bogging" too.  Talk about laugh, we just roared and I kept saying; "I'm sliding down and on your back," to which she replied, "Duh, like I didn't know this!"  But the mud holes were the most exciting once I got use to the idea that we would get thru them and tho my butt hurt it was great fun.  She didn't go fast, thank goodness...and I did not fall off but I did lose my hat and we had to stop to get it but other than that, it was a laugh-ride and great fun.  Hell of a way to spend a Saturday morning.

Then, later, after we both had showered, grandson sleeping, we headed into town to do some light shopping.  I needed potting soil so I could transplant the "grow from seed tomato plant" into a bigger container.  And while doing this, I'd also grab a bag of sunflower seeds for the birds.  I mean, if the cardinals continue to visit and like this seed, so be it!  Of course in due time, dau announced she was hungry and we had to get something to eat. So, off to the Chinese place...where we chowed down until we could not eat another bite.

All in all it was a fun Saturday and it actually got warm...I mean, many were outside wearing shorts and light tops,and while I did eventually put on shorts, it was inside wearing only -- hell, I haven't shaved my legs in weeks!!!

So that was my Saturday and altho my legs ache a little today, I was pleased to discover I wasn't as out of shape as i imagined and I'd like to do this again...maybe next time, without the damn mud!!!

No comments: