Monday, May 21, 2012

Slip n Slide

What a wonderful weekend, lots of warm weather, hell, at times it was down right HOT.



Now let's see if this show up.  I'm telling ya, a few falls like Clint did, and you'd not see me doing this again but he's a tough little bugger and just keeps going.

He didn't wait for his pool water to warm up either, he was in that pool as soon as his Daddy got it filled and honey, that was some cold-ass water.  His little teeth we're just a clanging but no way was he getting out.

Then, Meme came home and decided she needed to get his pool out and ready at her house too. I was sweating like I don't know what as I had to hold the air pump on the pool value in the hot sun. Once inflated, I could not toss in the hose and move away as it filled.  Move away, hell, I grabbed a beer and sat on the upper deck, under the awning, hoping to cool down as the sweat continued to roll down and off me.  Inside the a/c was going nicely and cooling down the house and here I sat, outside in the heat.  Talk about stupid.

While us NY kids were doing this, the Minnesota kids were in Duluth at a Jr Islanders hockey tournament and yes, they won the championship.  They sent me the link to the webcam and I got to watch some of the action, really cool and congrats to the entire team. I know the ride home was long and hopefully, all homework was done because Monday was and is a school day!!!

Hubby is back from his "outings" which included places like Albany, Chicago, Milwaukee, Syracuse, Waterloo, Sandy Creek, etc. and now, I can do up his laundry...traveling man is one tired puppy so he's definitely sleeping in this morning.

And the best news is my sister will here over Memorial weekend,hurrah.  We'll fix Patrick a bang-up birthday dinner on the 28th and yes, we'll do the cemetery runs too.  Gotta say hi to our parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles.  My parents did this for years and when they died, I said I'd carry on the tradition, hopefully with other family members joining me.  Doesn't always happen but it is nice when they can join me. Plant flowers, talk to the folks and make sure they know they are not forgotten.

Busy week ahead of me, have Clint on Tuesday, hurrah.  Wednesday Shirley and I should be able to do our weekly lunch number and then, who knows, maybe I'll rip down more boxes if my energy level remains up.  Ripped down a bunch Saturday morning and thought I had done them all until I went to the garage and saw the stack we had out there -- damn!  Mostly tho, I'm gonna enjoy this warm weather and with any real luck, figure out how to set up and use my inflatable kayak.  Ya, I know, I keep talking about it, saying I'm gonna use and so far, haven't taken it out of its carry bag. This has to stop, cause I really wanted use this sucker.

So you all have a good week, okay?

No comments: