Wednesday, May 9, 2012

More Birds

Yes, yes and yes, its a hummingbird.  The first one to visit my feeder this year and yes, I am excited.

My grandson saw this and said, "Oh how cute, he's small Meme."

And while the hummer is enjoying his seemingly "solo" diner, the cardinals are having a blast.  Now if I have this right, the bright red ones are the males and the less attractive are the females.


Yes, the female cardinals are red but not as bright and a bit more cautious than the males.  The males tend to stand guard and allow the female to venture forward to get food.

Now even the females are coming on to my deck and they are some fat birds...maybe they are pregnant?
Oh yes, the damn rain continues and while hubby did manage to get the lawn mowed Sunday, its been raining off and on every since...but without mowing we'd need to hire a farmer and baler.






This is Clint's tomato plant.  We started from a seed, and Saturday we transplanted into this bigger container.

Oh stop, we did this last year too and it worked nicely and we had tomatoes up the eye balls.  He doesn't like tomatoes but he loves catsup.  And if we make salsa he likes that too.


Of course Woody Woodpecker has to show up and show off too.  Why pound his beak into a tree when a bird feeder is so much easier and less noise!

So its Wednesday, lunch with my sister-in-law and my turn to pick the spot and at this point, I am clueless...well, guess I'd better think real hard, eh?

Have a lovely day.

No comments: