Sunday, February 28, 2010

HUH?

Do you listen to the news, read a newspaper, over hear others talking and go HUH? Ya, me too.

Okay, let’s tackle a few of the more mind boggling topics. The state has another place to make cuts – closing state parks! It costs too much to maintain them. Then some clown suggest the state sell these lands, put’em back on the tax roles and hey, some enterprising entrepreneur can turn them into wonderful private campgrounds and make a dandy little profit…wow, what a concept. And if nobody buys the lands, well hell, our taxes will still be used to keep them what – closed but available? WTH?

Aren’t you just thrilled to know that Dame Elizabeth Taylor is 78 years old?

Now how about the $6 million S-Curve – and S does not mean “shit,” but the way the current road travels. Now, someone feels spending $6 million would end this end curve. Hello! That curve has lights and as far as I know, nobody has been seriously or even slightly injured since the lights were installed and it’s a mighty fine drive into that area curve and all. I can think of many ways to spend 6 million dollars and one that jumps right out at me is – fill in the damn potholes!!!

Does anyone care that “my” birds finally returned? Well, they have and once again I am enjoying their company. I was getting a tad annoyed that they hadn’t been around, considering I have some high-end bird seed out there and these silly feathers elected to ignore it. So I hauled a branch back to the deck, tied it up and gave the deck and feeders a “woody” look and by damn, birds are back. Who’d of thunk a dead branch was all they needed to return to filled, delish food…not the smartest creatures, are they?

Age is a very high price to pay for maturity!

Let me ask you something, do you think this country has a hard time saying NO? We just keep helping everyone, we give aid, money, personnel and the shirts off our backs and we are so debt ridden its unreal. What would happen, think about this, if we just said NO for a year…let everyone deal with whatever the hell they must deal with in their own countries so we can get our own house in order. Is that possible? I don’t mean ignore or give up our security or defenses or strike out at terrorism, I mean, how about we just start “giving and spending” money, time and personnel on us for a change.

Well, that’s my rant…aren’t you glad you stopped by for this? Ya, bite me, you think along the same lines and you know it. Now, I usually take Sunday off to rest the body but you know what, I think today snowshoeing is in order…see ya outside…keep smiling


BTW - thank you pet owners for picking up after your pets, you really are great people. And for you a-holes who still think throwing your trash into a snowbank will somehow make it dissolve, your brain is looking for you...or better yet, go back to your own planet and leave ours alone!

4 comments:

Moonbeam said...

Just WHERE is this $6 million curve in the road??? Sounds like a government job to me!

Yeah, going out for some fresh air today! Going to the races in Lafargeville!! :0)

Pat said...

great Rt. 56 S-curve in Colton...it has been like this for decades and now with lights, it is no longer a big hazard. This is just friggin dumb!

Moonbeam said...

Ok, NOW I know where you are talking about!! John almost got killed on that stretch of road BEFORE they put the lights in! We used to write in RED on directions to people to heed the 15MPH speed limit at that point in their trip North!! :0/

Just WHERE are they going to straighten the road TO?? River on one side, ROCK CLIFF on the other! I see this project going WAY over budget! (Stupid Government!)

*Jumps OFF soap-box!*

Anonymous said...

Alright Pat ! Way to lay it on the line . I have to admit I like all the funnies , but that was one hell of a rant ! Jim