Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This N That

I really don't have much to write about but no matter what I somehow manage to find interesting crap...well, crap at least.

Elevators Can Bring Injury to Seniors

MONDAY, Feb. 15 (HealthDay News) -- Over 2,600 senior citizens suffer serious elevator-related injuries each year in the United States, and three-quarters of them are women, according to the results of the first large-scale study of these events.
Slips, trips and falls accounted for more than half of the injuries, and about one-third were caused by elevator doors closing on a person. The third most common cause of injuries were those related to the wedging of walkers in elevator door openings, the researchers reported in the January issue of the Journal of Trauma Injury, Infection and Critical Care.

8 Foods That Get You Going in the Morning [I personally thought it was my bladder]

What you eat can help you be more alert.

1. A spoonful of sweetness
2. A whole-wheat bagel
3. Lox on that bagel [really into this bagel stuff, eh?]
4. Spicy V8
5. Soy
6. Ice water
7. Coffee
8. If all else fails Place a tin of ginger-flavored Altoids, a few Red Hots, or a packet of Listerine strips beside your alarm clock. When the buzzer goes off, pop one or two of them into your mouth before hitting the snooze button. It’s virtually impossible to sleep with that "curiously strong" taste waking up your mouth.

Ya, who in hell writes this stuff, or better yet, comes up with it? Makes ya wonder, doesn't it?

I know this sounds strange but for some reason the "birds" just were not coming by my feeders and this was frustrating me. I mean, come on, I buy them the good stuff and the little shits don't show up? How rude. So over the weekend, I hauled a branch up, tied it to the deck and now, the little suckers have returned. They needed a branch -- fussy little shits. However, I do like watching them and capturing them on film. What the hell, its a hobby that is entertaining as hell.


No comments: