Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cold Weather Coming In

I just got off the phone with a friend, living in northern North Dakota near the Canadian border. She said that since early this morning the snow has
nearly reached waist high and is still falling. The temperature is dropping way below zero and the north wind is increasing to near gale force.

Her husband has done nothing all day but look through the kitchen window and just stare.

She says that if it gets much worse, she may have to let him in.




**********

Good Morning, well, it is Saturday and we have been "told" that today, around 10 a.m., we can expect really high winds, like 30 to 60 mph!  Did we ask for wind?


2:42 Update:  The winds are getting stronger and proof of that is our awning is now tilted against the house.  It did not get blown away but if it had been "opened" it would be gone for damn sure.  And while we have had moments of sunshine, its now back to that overcast style we are so use too and I swear the temp is dropping, its been hovering in the 40's but that wind makes it feel much cooler.  Okay, enuff of the short sleeve T-shirt, back to sweatshirt and maybe, crank up the heat.  Damn this is fun!

My sister sent me this "Cinnamon and Honey Whoever Thought?" article and one of the many items included was WEIGHT LOSS.  Daily in the morning one half hour before breakfast on an empty stomach, and at night before sleeping, drink honey& cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water.  If taken regularly, it reduces weight of even the most obese person.  Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even thought the person may eat a high calorie diet.

Did you happen to notice this doesn't say "how much" cinnamon or honey you are to use?  Well, good, because it doesn't!  So, we (my sister and I) are mixing about a pinch of cinnamon with a teaspoon of honey in our morning tea -- I'm only doing the morning number, she is doing and night.  Also honey and cinnamon supposedly helps relieve gas too. Well, so far we can attest to this weight loss mixture as producing lots of gas and hopefully this is a cleansing number which shall end soon!!  [Reminds me of that old joke, what do you call a teacher who doesn't fart in class?  A private tooter!"]

Along with this there are other benefits too including more energy (to fart I guess),so it's gonna be interesting to see how all this pans out.  As I gave up sweets for Lent, this small amount of honey is just not being considered breaking the Lent rule (bite me).

So this is my weekend so far ---on wait, I think I am seeing sunshine, is this a tease or what? Winds are picking up -- 20 mph at the moment. Hey, you all have a good day, keep smiling.

No comments: