Monday, March 26, 2012

Sisters Get away

Okay, it looks goofy and sounds odd, I mean, it's close to April and guess what, I am getting ready to head south and I mean SOUTH!

It's that lovely time of year when my sisters and I get together and just flat out enjoy being together and doing silly things.  We play in the water (beach/ocean or pool) like we were ten and don't care what anyone thinks.  We pig out on fresh seafood and even I have been know to dismiss the red meat aversion and have a nice big ole juicy steak smoothered in mushrooms.


So while I was out the other day, happened to pick up these glasses, snapped a photo and put them back -- now I wish I had bought the suckers...my beer glasses -- just lovely!!!

As many of you know, I am one of seven children, and while it seems standard to say, when you get older, have married, had and raise your kids, that your childhood was great, I gotta admit, mine was wonderful.

Sadly only us girls are still this side of the dirt. The four boys have joined our parents and are having a good time with them. As much as we miss them, we ain't in any hurry to join them.  I got grandkids I wanted see grow-up and there's still lots more sister things I wanted do too.


This time, we plan to visit the opposite coast for a change.  I have no idea what in hell that means.  I loved Siesta Keys, but I guess three years is enough and time to check out other areas, like Key West.  We three did agree that we want to take the air boat ride in the Everglades and hoping like hell that sucker does not break down.  We also plan to try our luck with paddle surfing (oh come on, it'll be fun. So what if we never stand up or tip over alot, its all in the water, who cares.).  Then there are some museums we want to check out and heaven forbid we didn't check out various beaches, restaurants and nice hotels that have a pool to make our stay even more agreeable.  Hey, until you have a cold drink while in the pool, you are not living.

But mostly we just want to hang out with each other, remembering our childhood, laughing at our previous adventures and realizing no matter what we are and forever be sisters.  Ya, its a good time and while we wished we could get together more often that just once a year, once is better than no time.

So, while it looks like the weather is gonna get nasty and even some hint of snow returning, I'm heading to Florida and to hell with this cold shit...give me the warm rays and sunny beaches.


No comments: