Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Today is MY Birthday

Finally after a ten day hospital stay, which was not pleasant but needed, on October 22nd, I had my second chemo treatment.  All was good until Nov 1st when the doctor (actually the nurse) called to say the doctor wanted me to come in Friday and get some fluids as my fluid level was low and also, once that 2 and half hour number was over, he'd like an ultrasound just to check on my kidneys.

Once that was completed I was advised to drink more and the latest blood tests showed my levels were coming up and things looked better but drink, damnit, drink!  Also more lab work on the 5th -- damn vampires like their blood.



So feeling good and everyone wanting damn photos, I took this one and said, "enjoy!" There is no way in hell a bald photo is gonna be taken much less posted.  I detest this bald look.  
]
A dear friend made me,home made mind ya and her own design, two toques and man do they fit and feel wonderful.  I have always wanted something she made, she does beautiful work but hardly imagine it would be something I would truly need.  Regardless I am extremely thankful.



Here's one of the toques...like I said its great and keeps my head warm too.

Weather has decided to turn chilly and while I already have issues with staying warm, this hat makes life bearable.



So as I start to feel better, my appetite is slowing coming back and I am eating a bit more.  When you can't taste anything, eating and drinking is difficult but I literally force myself to do both. Obviously more drinking is required so I am upping that number too.




My grandson did not care for my multi-colored hair and whipped this wig right off and then, went about trick or treating, it was pretty funny.

So today is my birthday and Facebook is filling up constantly with birthday wishes, which is amazing.  At some point kids will call and that will be great too.  This evening, family and I shall head to Hotel Grande for dinner, then back here for dessert. Go early and not hang about too long and I should be fine.  My energy level doesn't allow for long hauls but I am getting better and as they say, when you start to feel good, then its time for another treatment. I am feeling great but Monday, Nov 12th is my 3rd treatment.  Let's hope this one goes off with no cliches. 

So you all have a lovely day...keep smiling, life is good.

No comments: