Friday, March 19, 2010

TGIF






Yup, it is Friday -- hurrah!

Sad news, Fess Parker aka Davy Crockett has died -- I am sad...he was 85 years old. Damn, I thought he was much older! Whatever, he was a beautiful man and I loved his movies! Rest in Peace Fess.

Health Care Bill -- is your phone ringing off the hook? Do we say yes, pass the sucker, or do we say No, leave it to hell alone? What about Congress-- shouldn't that have to pay too?

I know I am messing with the template and header in this blog..for some strange reason the photos ain't sitting right and that irks me beyond words. I have the little "shrink to fit" box checked thinking, shit nothing is working, maybe I should unclick that box?








Looks like its gonna be another beautiful day and my grandson is really starting to get into these stroller rides. However, he has definitely decided the sunglasses are for the birds, yanks them off almost as fast as I get them strapped around his head. I think we need a different pair of glasses, as these just ain't working. The bright sun does cause him issues (hey, me too) and the wind, but he loves the ride -- who wouldn't, eh? Yesterday's walk was short, that breeze was just a tad too much for the little guy and while that was almost taking his breath away, Gramma was dressed way to warm -- fleece jacket was a bad choice!!!

And on the Minnesota front, hockey tournaments continue and my grandson team is doing awesome this year. I think they have lost only one game -- kicking some butt these Mighty Mites. Last weekend it was games in Grand Forks, this weekend I think its Thief River and soon, or please soon, the season shall end. Hockey is a long season for Minnesota and my grandson loves it...he is a good player and even loves hockey practice. Plus, he keeps it all balance (with a bit of help from his parents) -- meaning, he plays hockey but he still has to keep his school work up and he has time to enjoy family activities too.

So a few more weeks and I shall head to Florida --sun, beaches, booze, sisters and laughs...what's not to like?

Last I heard my nephew is doing great -- recovery takes time but most of the tumor was removed, had some swelling in his neck but he is up and walking about..good news...hey, he comes from good stock, nothing keeps us down for long. But it was a wake up call. If you start experiencing headaches and they just won't go away, no matter what you take, you might want to get checked!

Hey, have a great weekend -- any above ground is great in my book.

No comments: