Monday, December 13, 2010

And it Begins


... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 1 PM this
afternoon to 10 am EST Tuesday...



The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the Winter
Weather Advisory... from 1 PM this afternoon to 10 am EST Tuesday.



* Locations... northern Adirondacks and St. Lawrence Valley of New York.

* Hazard types... snow and falling temperatures.

* Accumulations... 2 to 6 inches with highest amounts in the
northern Adirondacks.


* Timing... periods of snow are expected through Tuesday morning
with the greatest concentration expected tonight.

* Impacts... periods of snow and rapid freezing of any standing water
will occur and result in slippery Road conditions... especially
for the evening commute. Periods of snow tonight will result in
snow covered roadways and low visibility at times. Travel will
be potentially hazardous.



* Winds... west 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.



* Temperatures... early highs in the lower 30s. Lows around 10
above.
Precautionary/preparedness actions...

*&^%$(*)*&

What is truly sad is that folks will hear and read about this advisory and then, get in their cars and drive into town or out-of-area and bitch because roads conditions are horrible. And later on, sit around and tell folks about how they "braved" the bad weather to go get some stupid thing, like, today's newspaper!!!

As for me, I went to Curves early, around 7 and was home a little after 8 and honey, I ain't going anywhere.  Of course I have a few projects at home that could use my attention, like wrapping presents, dusting, and hell, mopping the kitchen floor.  I mean, tonight we'll get not one but TWO football games -- I'm in heaven!!!

Lots of comedians have people they try to mimic.  I mimic my shadow!

No comments: