Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Delays, cancellations and more Snow

Oh hell don't ya love the wake up call this morning?

Look, I am sorry if this offends anyone but excuse me, why delay opening school..why keep everyone guessing for two or three hours, you know damn well you're gonna close so do it and stop this freakin waiting game!!!

Like two hours and snow still falling is gonna change road conditions, give me a break.  Now folks are whining, and rightfully so that plays and after school plays have been cancelled due to the weather.  Why don't folks have an alternate date for these events?  Is that such a hard concept to comprehend or is scheduling that difficult?

To make life even more fun, more and more folks are on Facebook, telling all us who didn't venture out that the roads are slick and you should stay inside...hello, who in hell is out there?  I know, sometimes you have no choice, a doctor's appointment or some other thing that just cannot be rescheduled. But what makes this even worse is getting there and learning the person you were suppose to meet, can't see you because they are snowed in -- hello, did phone stop working because of snow too?

Yes, it continues to snow, we should get 7 inches or more before this ends.  Its kinda fluffy but underneath is icy, I mean, I shoveled a little and that was sufficient to remind me; "I don't shovel!"  However, I like to don my snowshoes and trek thru the snow, now that is fun.  I was gonna do just that but couldn't find what I wear for snowpants until later -- damn.  Found'em now and no more excuses!!!

So tonight is another GLEE night.  My daughter and I are making this our movie-together-night and take turns bringing treats. Last week she had me chose, right or left hand, I chose right. Thank goodness as the left hand had prunes!!!  Dont' get me wrong, I like prunes too.  I know, its a cheesy show but its fun to watch and regardless,there is some amazing talent on this sucker and some good ole laughs too.

Hopefully the roads will be decent tomorrow as I hate to miss my Curves workout...hey, keep smiling, this weather will calm down and soon, the last minute shopping can continue..

No comments: