Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas is Over....:)


I know, it just doesn't make much sense. We work so hard and anticipate this wonderful day and it arrives and we are so happy. We get gifts, we are surrounded by loved ones and of course we eat more than we should and for some, we do realize the real meaning of this day, the birth of our Savior.

And then it is over and now everyone wants to know "how was your Christmas?"  Basically what this really means, what in hell did you get?  Some of the surprises are precious and I mean just flippin special.  For me taking photos and watching  my youngest grandson figure out what this was all about was awesome.  All these packages and now, now he gets to rip into them--huh? Hardest was not having my son and his family with us but hey, they did fine on this too day!

I got lots of neat stuff and thought the gift opening was done when my daughter and son-in-law said; "Wait we got one more gift."  Behind me was this huge bag, which I assumed had gifts inside and soon it was dragged in front of me and holy smokes--the picture below is what was inside this bag:
Do you see this sucker? Do you know what this is?  It's an inflatable kayak for two people and something I have wanted for years.  Now I want the warm weather to be here so I can try this bad boy out.  Oh man, summer is gonna be something this year, getting my ass in that kayak and paddling along like a crazy woman. Ya, learning how to do all this will be half the fun but still its an awesome gift and something I am damn anxious to do! So to the Crosbie's, thank you so much.

And to the Minnesota Rourk's loved all my gifts from you guys too...the RBS sweatshirt is perfect. And Friend, well, what can I say, Friend always gives me the best kitchen tools!!!

Oh I also got a kindle (electronic book) and it took a few minutes to figure out how to operate and download a book I was anxious to read but, managed to do that too. Well, with some help from Papa.

Soo, now it is Monday, colder than hell here and the wind is making it even colder. What to do? Went to Curves (oh by the way, my goal was to lost 20 pounds by Christmas, I lost 19 -- one lousy pound off); then came back and played with Clint for awhile and finally got home and, you know what happened next, don't ya? Took down the Christmas tree and packed up the decorations.  House is back to normal again.

No comments: