Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hump Day

Ya, kinda odd that each week has a Hump Day in it, huh?  Oh ya, you're so brilliant you figured that out all by yourself, didn't you?

Well, its been a month since my surgery and yes, thank you, I am doing quite nicely.  I hate this inactivity but I also realize my body needs time to heal...damn.  And I tend to think I can do more and quickly discover my energy level drops quite quickly these days.

However, today I fired up the Wii Program and resumed the Wii Fitness workout. Oh don't be silly, I didn't do all of them, just a few -- some yoga, strength and the two mile walk/run.  It took me longer than usual but it felt good and I did NOT push myself.  I would much prefer to take a walk outside but that damn icy/snow covered sidewalks just ain't my idea of fun and as I walk slower to insure footing, I'd be walking longer than my energy would last.  So I shall wait until the sidewalks are clear once again.

Here's the big boy using an electric tooth brush.  He really thought this was pretty cool.  He is getting so big and so much fun these days.  Busy but hey, that's great.

Last night was Glee, my dau and I have this on our calendars as our movie night (she does not have TV at her house). OMG did we laugh -- this show is so damn cute its just fun to watch.  Previews of next week show look even better -- we gotta get some really cool snacks for next week!!!

And it appears my grandson in Minnesota is doing great in all the hockey tournaments.  Win some and lose some but he has the right attitude and just loves to play hockey. And his sister, although busy with Girl Scouts, her own skating and dance, cheers him on like a trooper too.  Gosh I can hardly wait to see them in May -- yup, that's when we plan to visit. The oldest graduates and we wanted witness that too.

So all is good folks, losing weight but partly due to the surgery and it feels good to be a few pounds lighter.  Like everyone else, I am ready for warm weather. This winter has been hard on this ole body and I like cold weather activities only this year I wasn't able to participate so that pooped the bed big time.

Have a great day-- don't strive for perfection, strive for excellence.

No comments: