Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday

On my walk this morning I was noticing various things. Like the amount of work folks have been expending on their yards, man those yards are looking great. How the Village of Norwood workers are doing their level best to clean up messes made by plows, picking up brush, small branches and trees and soon, someone shall come along and collect bags of raked leaves. Wow, this is damn impressive.

And yes, some yards are sprouting flowers and they look nice too. Why some tulip beds make mine look mighty small but hey, mine is just getting started -- give it time.

Then I saw the sign for gas -- $3.74 a gallon -- I don't smoke but isn't this damn close to what a pack of cigarettes cost?

Then we have the so called "good for the economy"checks which will start getting mailed on Monday -- ya those infamous refund checks. Like Bob B. said, "I'll use mine to fill up my gas tank!" I think we're gonna see more folks either walking or riding bikes and definitely fewer trips -- who can afford such outings!

Well try to find a positive outlook -- the campagins will end soon and then, maybe someone will give these damn gas prices a serious look and do something about them. In the meantime, let's just watch Obama and Hillary continue to baffle us and McCain assure us his temper is under control.

No comments: