Monday, April 21, 2008

MONDAY THOUGHTS

It’s Monday and all my so-called wishful thinking on weekend chores was just that, wishful thinking!

Raking the yard was a bad idea – why? Well, standing water makes raking a bit pointless – if I want to get wet, at least make it interesting, take me to the river and force me to get into the water to catch some HUGE fish. Raking and wet just doesn’t make sense to my simple mind.

Then the idea of prepping my yard for a flower garden – that too got put on hold for the same damn reason. I can visualize how I want this front section to look and trust me; it’ll be perennials as I ain’t about to plant this stuff over and over, year after year. Forget that nonsense. I know I need to do considerable work to make this work and hey, I also know the most work is making sure the dirt is good! [that includes lots of shit as well]

But as I said its Monday and I’m thinking I could use a new fishing pole. Probably have ten in the garage, all in various condition and some in need of new line, hooks, sinkers and so on. Some poles have snapped and make great poles for small children. And last year I purchased a new tackle box and like how that is working for me. But now, well, now I think I could use a new pole! I have always favored a closed reel but lately, the open-faced reels are gaining some ground and appeal.

So as I prepare for this shopping trip and know where to go and a basic idea of what I want, I took a few moments to read the various headlines via the Internet. This FLDS story is getting sicker by the minute. More than 400 children taken from a polygamous sect’s ranch will undergo DNA testing this week, an attempt to determine whom their parents are and if any sexual abuse took place.

Because the children of more than one wife live in the same household, the children identify all the women in the house as their mothers, and if a father leaves the community, children and mothers are reassigned to another man. Oh it gets sicker, the FLDS church encourages underage marriages and births, subjecting children to sexual abuse or the imminent risk of abuse. Boy, these are sick puppies!


Hey is it me or do all the so-called Mommies/Wives look alike too? Same hair-do, same clothing and same dull expressions on their faces! These men have it made, they can bed down with any woman they want, father children, the women do most of the work while the men sit around dreaming up new theories and chores and if they get sick of this life, they just up and leave and another man is assigned to their household. Are these women totally stupid – I mean, do they have no sense of self whatsoever!

Damn, Monday started out nice but read shit like this and you wonder what century we are living in currently – and why are women so damn stupid to think this is a good life? Also, what kind of life did they have before this one? Sick, sick and sick!


Ya, no more reading the Internet -- hell, doesn't matter, this is on TV, radio, local papers and national magazines. It's just another sickness this country has to deal with and watch, the do-gooders will be out in force soon too.

No comments: