Saturday, April 19, 2008

ODD NEWS

Jogging pilgrim stuns motorists --BERLIN (Reuters) - Police in Germany were shocked to find a man running down a major highway pulling a three-wheeled trailer -- but even more surprised to learn he was a Polish pilgrim on a 3,000 km (1,800 mile) trek.

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A Malaysian cop was arrested after he allegedly broke into a Mercedes Benz to steal its stereo but then dozed off on its luxurious seat, a news report said Friday.


&&&&&&

If you look hard enough or barely look, you’ll find odd and weird new stories. Hell, nobody can make this stuff up, it actually happens and thank goodness we all get to have our uniqueness, eh? Be a real pain if we were all the same, where would the fun in that be?

Well, I sprinkled soap flakes and red hot pepper flakes all around and on my tulips in the hope this taste will cause whatever is eating my plants a mighty hot mouth! I hate to think I need to “cage” in plants – now that just doesn’t seem fair! Anyway, I did this sprinkle business yesterday and checked this morning and it appears “nothing” has been near the plants. Sooooo, who knows, maybe I have chased them off – or they are full and moved on to higher ground! [or they are plotting some other charge?]

Yup, went fishing Friday and I am sure Big Bro is real happy with us gals as he got to clean and fillet our catch of the day! I would have loved a bullhead (hate to take them off the hook but they are good eating) but we caught perch and man, once they started biting, it was up to us to keep up and we did as well as we could – plenty of fish to keep us happy!

It was just a nice relaxing day on the river. I think many families decided this was a fun way to end the spring break, because many had their kids at Wilson Hill and patiently showing the younger set how to fish. Ya, remember the days when it was you and I doing this teaching scene? Tangled lines, sinkers hitting you in the head, bobbers that didn’t bob, bored kids, yucky worms and finally settled down, lines in the water and waiting for that first bite and you hear; “Mom, I gotta pee!”

Not sure what is on the agenda for today – surely breakfast at some point? Then, we may work in our yard – it definitely needs raking but as it is still wet in places, that seems like futile work to me. Oh heck, as I have my license, I may head back to the river?

You all have a great day and hopefully get outside and enjoy the fresh air!!

1 comment:

WiseAcre said...

Seems I haven't gone fishing for at least 6 years now. I'll pass up on your snowshoe hikes but I promise to go fishing this summer. There's nothing better than a quiet day on one of the small rivers up here. Someday I might even revel where to catch "Blue Walleyes". Talk about good eating :)