Monday, April 28, 2008

TENNIS UPDATES

Oh, I know you could give a rip about tennis but it’s a sport I follow quite diligently and for many years played like I knew what in hell I was doing. In all fairness, I was a half way decent player and that’s no bull. I still play today if I can bully (talk) someone into going to the courts with me.

Anyway, the tune up for the French Open was last week in Monte Carlo and Rafael Nadal won his first title of the season, defeating top-ranked Roger Federer yet again on clay to claim his fourth consecutive Monte Carlo Masters. It’s fun to watch the world’s number 1 and 2 play and they have a great deal of respect and praise for each other, real gentlemen and sportsman. Kids would do well to emulate this attitude and style…damn impressive.

Okay, enuff about tennis, bored ya to death, right? Well, I accomplished two things this morning and at the same time. Yes, I did my morning walk and as it was raining & I got my shower too. However I forgot to bring soap so I reckon I will need a real shower soon, ya think? Ya, we could use some rain, I know that sounds silly as we have standing water in some fields and we had lots of snow this winter but it’s still pretty damn dry and, well, rain is always good. Come on, April showers bring May flowers, remember?

Now this coming weekend, unless something changes, I shall experience the mystery and the magic of the Celtic World as we salute all eight Celtic nations; Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, Isle of Man, Brittany in France and Galicia and Austrias in Spain. Did you know that the Celts have been around for almost 3,000 years? They were the first to sack Rome, brought the horse and the Bronze Age as well as agriculture to a "hunter gather" Europe. Celts Rule!

Celebration of Celts has been proclaimed as one of the best Pan-Celtic festivals in the country and when it comes to music there is almost no other Celtic festival that can hold a candle to ours. Featured performers in 2008; Enter the Haggis headlines with a Saturday night set, Black 47 headlines on Sunday, The Barra MacNeils from Cape Breton add a traditional touch while Dicey Riley, Coyote Run and more will have you dancing your shoes off. Oh believe me there is much to see and do and mostly listen to music and learn more about your heritage. No worries, I ain’t about to pig out on haggis, tried that in Scotland years ago, thanks but no thanks!

Want to visit the Celtic World, you don't need a plane ticket, just walk in and by magic you are transported into a total emersion in Celtic Culture, music, dance, history and heritage.

See Knights in action at the Kings Court, chargers thunder as knights lower their lances for the fatal strike. Love horses; come see the Exmore Ponies featuring the first stallion to ever be imported to the United States, Shetland Ponies and more horses. Come visit the Celtic Pub for great food and drink and don't forget to sign up early for the Single Malt Whisky Seminar-five golden samples of the water of life to lift your pallet. Love great food; eat some of the greatest food from our wonderful food vendors. And shopping! So many vendors, so many beautiful and authentic goodies to choose from.


Well, that’s a brief overview and I look forward to hearing the bag pipes again too. What an amazing sound. As I said this will be a first for me and I'm excited and know it shall be fun. Hey, I've got an experienced "guide" to show me the ropes, so I am in like flint[ Lynn rules!]

Wonder what one “wears” to such an event? Oh I am sure I will be told and whatever else I need to bring -- hummm, my own beer mug might be a clever idea?

No comments: